CD3 testing w/confusion over my period! Help pls!

eris

Reaction score
I have to go in for CD3 testing, but I can't figure out if this is CD1 or not. I'm 35 freaking years old and have been getting my period since I was 11 for crying out loud and I can't even figure out if this is my period or not.

Wednesday of this week I started spotting. Yesterday I spotted, but it wasn't till sometime early this morning that it got a little heavier. Not to the point of a true period though. The color changed from pink to reddish/brownish and barely heavy enough for a pad. I'm still only really getting anything when I wipe. Sometimes heavy-ish, but mostly not. I can't figure out if this would be my true CD1 or not.

I'd like to believe this is some sort of implantation bleeding or break through bleeding since I don't have cramps or anything. Wait, I did have cramps Wednesday when I first started spotting pink. But I don't think it is. I think it's just some weird period thing going on.

Do I just wait and see if it gets heavier? Or would this be considered CD1. I am apparently confused as to what constitutes CD1 because I've never had this problem before!

CD1 would be the day you started spotting, however my doctor wants me to come in if I start spotting because you should normally start bleed heavily then spot. I am on Clomid, so if I take Clomid when I am actually pregnant, it could be deathly....Do not bash yourself! I had a chemical pregnancy that started with spotting and brown bleeding, so it is a good thing that you are going in. Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?

IIRC, according to TCOYF CD1 is the first day of full, red flow. So it doesn't sound like you're quite there yet.

No worries - I too had problems deciding when CD1 was my last cycle!! I felt ridiculous trying to figure it out, I'm 28 so shouldn't I know what day 1 is?! Gah, frustrating! I had to start taking my letrozole on cd3 so it was important to get it right.

But like sweetpotato said, it is the first day of red, full flow. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->