CD8 - Can I be ovulating so early

zofranks

Reaction score
Ladies,
I need some help please. On the 5th Aug I had a mc, my af returned 27 days after the first mc bleed, now before this I had never tracked or charted but I believe my cycle was always about 27 days. Because I am 40 and we want to ttc I have decided to register with ff & chart this month. My bbt only arrived a couple of days ago so there are only 3 readings so far. Last month I spent all month learning to 'feel' my cervix & try to understand all the different cm's. With me so far? So anyway since I stopped spotting this month I have been checking cm & cervix & also using the cheapie opk's from Amazon, I hold my wee from 3pm & poas about 5.30pm each night, so far no lines, nothing, last night though I checked my cervix after my bath and got what I believe to be almost ewcm, it wasn't totally clear it looked a bit milky but it did stretch to to full stretch of my fingers & when I put my temp in the morning FF said I was ov'ing. Is this possible so early in my cycle or is it just that FF has to get used to my body & what it does? I am just going to carry on dtd anyway as I don't want to chance missing it but any expert help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks ladies - sorry it went on so long.

I don't chart or anything, but I would give FF a cycle or two, especially since you're just coming back down from mc... I would pick up an OPK and check with that (next cycle, if it comes, I'm going to get the clearblue easy smiley!). I've also read in many places that FF, even if you chart regularly, can be off a day or two! BUT it is also possible that you are already ovulating, so don't think I'm saying you're not! Cycles can be so weird sometimes! Do the BD asap though just in case!

I'm not sure how FF could say you are ovulating yet? FF will not confirm O until there are three higher temps - so you would need to wait another couple of days to see if O was confirmed (FF only confirms after the event). How did FF tell you that you had O'd?

I would say that if you opks are not positive then you are not quite there yet. You might like to BD just in case though (although if you have already O'd then you might have missed it)!!

maybe I misunderstood FF then - when I entered my temps this morning it said today & yesterday were my fertile days, I assumed that meant I am ov'ing but maybe not...

Ah I see - it will say that whenever you provide it with information that *might* indicate pending ovulation. So it would say that because you entered the watery CM. You will find that it does this when you enter this information so that you know that it is possible that O is on its way. Some people (myself included) do get watery or EWCM when they are not O'ing and it will tell me that I am fertile when I am not.

FF will confirm O when you have three raised temps in a row (click on my chart - I have crosshairs - they are dashed at the moment as FF is not sure but they will go sold when FF is sure). You will get these when O is confirmed.

I would keep using your opks and temping and see what happens. You will usually find that all of your indicators line up (CM, opk, and temp rise), although sometimes (as now) you will have one without the other.

I hope this helps - feel free to ask away about charting!

Ah I see - it will say that whenever you provide it with information that *might* indicate pending ovulation. So it would say that because you entered the watery CM. You will find that it does this when you enter this information so that you know that it is possible that O is on its way. Some people (myself included) do get watery or EWCM when they are not O'ing and it will tell me that I am fertile when I am not.

FF will confirm O when you have three raised temps in a row (click on my chart - I have crosshairs - they are dashed at the moment as FF is not sure but they will go sold when FF is sure). You will get these when O is confirmed.

I would keep using your opks and temping and see what happens. You will usually find that all of your indicators line up (CM, opk, and temp rise), although sometimes (as now) you will have one without the other.

Ok I get it now! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me, I was so confused this morning, I will keep temping & doing the opk's & see when it happens.

Good luck for your BFP.

Julie x

It's perfectly normal to get EWCM soon after your AF has gone, I get it every month, but I don't usually O till CD 17 or so, like the above poster said, all of your signs will line up when your actual O time is here! Good Luck :dust:

YES!

My chart is in my signature line - you can see mine too.

:dust:

By the way, I just wanted to let you know that I've used FF for 117 + cycles and recently started bbt. (Tracked CM prior). They've been spot on for me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->