Cerazette - again!!

sunshine114

Reaction score
So, after much hesitation because of bad reviews, I started this 6 weeks ago. All was great, possibly a few more spots on my face but that could also have been down to diet (start of summer holidays, faaaar too many chocolates and sweets from my class at the end of term!) they have cleared up now.

2 weeks ago I started spotting, but it was on the day AF was due, so I thought, ok this is obviously just very light :thumbup:

2 weeks on its still going and seems to have got a bit worse with cramps so I'm guessing this is actually AF. I spoke to my dr who said I can stick with cerazette to see if it settles or switch to micronor, which, when I read online, is only 96% effective! That's not really high enough for me,so I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone had this spotting on cerazette and has it settled down after a while?

:flower:

I tried it but I didn't like it. I was spotting none stop on & off. I was told you need at least 3 months for the hormones to balance. I wasn't patient to wait for 3 months with ongoing spotting so I switched back to Yasmin

I tried it but I didn't like it. I was spotting none stop on & off. I was told you need at least 3 months for the hormones to balance. I wasn't patient to wait for 3 months with ongoing spotting so I switched back to Yasmin

Thanks for the experience. In an ideal world I'd go back on a combined pill but I can't because of migraines. The 3 month thing is interesting though, I guess im about half way through:shrug:

when i was last on cerazette i bleed constantly for 8 weeks. when i went back for a check up all i got told to do was take two a day for a month and it should settle things down. it did.
its once i came off them that i got the major problems. i had a horrendous withdrawal bleed that lasted almost three weeks, full force heavy clotty flow. the cramps felt like i was being torn in two and i had a migraine for the whole time i was bleeding. i then also had to take iron supplements because of the amount i had bled. after that i didnt get a period for 4 months.

but then every person is different, that was jsut my experience. it was ok once everything had settled, it was jsut the coming off them that was crap. x

Hey sweetie, I have been on cerazette since 2009, no problems on it at all tiny amount of spotting but been a fab pill for me.

Hope it settles for you xxx

Hi :) I took it for 7 months the Spotting never stopped for me :( hope you have better luck x

Thanks, I think I'll give it a bit longer and see what happens then, I'm reluctant to switch because micronor just isn't effective enough % wise for me! I'm probably a bit lucky as this is the only side effect as I've read lots of reviews where people got all emotional with mood swings, none of that's happened at least!

I was on this when I was breastfeeding and I also had spotting for the first few months, it cleared up eventually and then my periods disappeared completely.

I loved cerazette, I was on it for 3 years before coming off it 9 months before we conceived DD. I had a bit of spotting early on, which cleared up and then I didn't have any periods for the duration I was taking it.
I didn't have any issues coming off it either. My GP recommended I came off it 6 months before trying for a baby which I did.
The only bad side effect I had were a few more spots, but these were easily covered with make-up, and I'd take those over having a period every month.
The good effect was it didn't make me put on weight like all the combined pills did. I tried 4 of those before going to cerazette. I think stick with it until at least 3 months, to give it a chance xxx

I took cerazette for 5 years before I decided to stop taking it. To begin with I had that annoying spotting you describe. After the first month, that disappeared completely and I didn't have a period for the next 4 years. However, in the past year, I had been bleeding more often, for longer and it was getting increasingly heavy. My PMT was also uncontrollable at the time (Who can blame me?!) The cramps made me vomit they were so bad. So I stopped taking it and we are using condoms during fertile times now.

I would persevere with the cerazette because once my body got into the swing of things it was great. I wouldn't be happy with the less % either - slightly scary! x

I know, I was really shocked when I saw the % - the dr didn't mention it at all, and she knows there is no way I want another child. I'm glad to hear that things settled down for you - its irritating spotting every day but hopefully it will settle for me too! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->