Cervial position

SaraB

Reaction score
So i know that when your ovulating you are looking for a SHOW cervix....but does that change if you are pregnant? what does your cervix do than?

I'd like to know this too! Mine is low and I'm 10 dpo - does that mean I'm not pregnant?!

Mine is high...very very high. I can barely reach it now.

Just found this online:

For women who track their cervical position in order to determine fertility, many wonder if there correlation between the position of the cervix and early pregnancy.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a simple answer for all women. The position of the cervix during pregnancy does change but not at the same time in all women.

After ovulation, your cervix will drop lower in your vagina and feel firm, like the tip of your nose. During pregnancy, the cervix will rise a bit and become softer, but the timing of this happening will vary from woman to woman. For some, this will happen shortly before their period is due, but for other, this will not happen until quite a while after their pregnancy has been confirmed.

Due to this variation between women, checking the position of your cervix to determine pregnancy is not a reliable indication of whether or not your are pregnant. More reliable ways to find out if you are pregnant is take a sensitive home pregnancy test or by visiting your doctor for a pregnancy blood test.

Hey, I was wondering this too but it seems that its not the same for everyone unfortunately :nope:

Would be interesting to know from ladies who've a BFP though

yes it would be interesting to see what ladies with a BFP have....hhhmmm

mine is very low and very hard... I can't remember it ever being like this before. Maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Reached this thread through google (BnB strikes again) I've been wondering the same, I cat say how many dpo I am as I've just come off my pill but I should be due on Thursday if I go back to my usual cycle. Don't know if it's just because I've forgot what my body feels like without added hormones but my cervix seems to be facing a very funny direction (that sounds gross, sorry) and it's quite low and very hard.

This is all very new to me so I am not really sure how to check my cervix... but I think mine is fitting quit low..... not that I have ever checked before so can't to sure. My af is due sat so is this normal does it get higher when af is closer? Should I be hopeful?

So i'm cd 41 15dpo and 4 days late. Had a BFN today. Mine for the past few days is Soft ,high,wet and slightly open.

Hey, I was wondering this too but it seems that its not the same for everyone unfortunately :nope:

Just thought I'd let you all know that ingot my bfp today :) and mine has been exactly how it usually is before af: low and firm!

Just thought I'd let you all know that ingot my bfp today :) and mine has been exactly how it usually is before af: low and firm!

COngrats Moolia! Can you post your symptoms???

Congratulations.
18dpo and mine is wet very high, medium firmness and closed. last cycle it was very low and very hard before af its unreliable to go on though.

I know the cervix position in pregnancy is different for every woman but am I right in saying before AF it should be low and firm and slightly open?

Thank you!
I've been feeling generally run down: a bit of nausea on and off, hot and then cold, the odd headache, very tired, lower back ache and boobs were aching badly at about 6/7 dpo but eased off after that. A couple of days ago I got a really bad pain near my right ovary which I think I ovulated from. It was really sharp: a bit like a stitch but in a different place. This went on and off for a day and a half. Today and yesterday I've felt like af is on it's way - weird crampy feeling, although it's more of a burning sensation than normal af cramps. That's all I think!

i have been trying to figure out this cervix position stuff, but it does seem its different for everyone... although i do always find my cervix to be low just before af and just after, and then high when ov and at the mo af is 2 days late and my cervix seems to be quite high?? am hoping that a good sign as could possibly mean that af isnt on its way... thats what im hoping anyway!!!! x

Thank you!
I've been feeling generally run down: a bit of nausea on and off, hot and then cold, the odd headache, very tired, lower back ache and boobs were aching badly at about 6/7 dpo but eased off after that. A couple of days ago I got a really bad pain near my right ovary which I think I ovulated from. It was really sharp: a bit like a stitch but in a different place. This went on and off for a day and a half. Today and yesterday I've felt like af is on it's way - weird crampy feeling, although it's more of a burning sensation than normal af cramps. That's all I think!

u'll have to let us know if yur cervix gets higher now, as i believe it gets high once preg but this can happen just befor af or a few wks after confirmed bfp... again diff for everyone but just intersted to know as my cervix is high now and was low when af was due 2 days ago so im just thinking it may have gone high because im preg!!! oh the confusion!! lol... congrats tho xx:happydance:

leahsmummy - have you done a test yet? Let us know how you get on.

i have been trying to figure out this cervix position stuff, but it does seem its different for everyone... although i do always find my cervix to be low just before af and just after, and then high when ov and at the mo af is 2 days late and my cervix seems to be quite high?? am hoping that a good sign as could possibly mean that af isnt on its way... thats what im hoping anyway!!!! x

:test: :winkwink:

Ok how embarrassing I just checked my cervix today and it is high soft and more open than I've ever felt it so i've had to go into fertility friend and change everything I recorded as open to medium. I also noticed I had put in one of my temperatures wrong when going back through my diary and it looks like i've not ovulated yet. However today everytime i've been to the toilet i've had loads of EWCM dangling (TMI sorry) from me. So possibly Ovu is near I'll keep up the opk's this week just incase today;s was quite dark but not as dark as the control line. Symptoms must be to do with that or because i wanted to be pg i tricked my body into acting like i was. Also tummy starting to swell which it usually does a few weeks before af with me and given that my shortest cycles in a year have been 46 and 53 days it could be about right. Hope you dont mind but i'd like to stick around the 2ww forum as i feel more at home hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->