Cervical cancer...

lizlovelust

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Has anyone on here had cervical cancer? I recently had a pap and was tested positive for HIGHLY abnormal cervical cells which the doctor said she is really concerned it may already have turned into cancer. They took a sample and are testing and I will know in 6 days what the next step is. I'm curious to know what any other ladies have gone through with cervical cancer.

I haven't gone through exactly the same but I had a biopsy showing atypical cells in my womb lining which is considered pre cancerous. It's something that is most common in post menopausal women so concerning for someone in their 20s. They usually offer a hysterectomy but obviously as it was discovered during fertility treatment I didn't want that option. The dr did warm me he couldn't guarantee there weren't a few cancer cells but they hadn't found any in the sample.

My treatment was a d&c and I had the mirena for 9 months as hormone replacement. It had an 80% of working and thankfully was a success and I had to wait the whole time to find out. My most recent biopsy came back completely normal. We went on to have my lg and I am ttc no2.

It's something I will need to monitor my whole life and will always have to be on the mirena or similar when not having fertility treatment but I'm grateful to have the chance to conceive.

Sorry for the essay. I know it's not the same but I understand in part how you feel. Feel free to pm me if you think I can help x

Fingers crossed for you, let us know the outcome.

I had precancerous cells on my cervix back in January of 2014. This was after about a year of atypical results. I wound up having a LEEP to remove the cells and had to hold off on TTC for 6 months. Now I just have to go back every 6 months for a check-up, but so far so good!

Luckily, there are a lot of options now that will still allow you to TTC in the future if you do need to have cells removed. Just make sure your doctor knows that you want the option of having kids, otherwise they may suggest a hysterectomy. I was very up front with my doctor about it, and all is well!

Wow, I just got a phone call today that my pap came back abnormal and I'm very anxious about it. I decided to come on the forums and search for similar situations. How crazy that you made this post today, @lizlovelust.

I've had an abnormal pap before, but then everything turned out ok at the next check up - I believe I had another 6 months later. I've been a bit behind on my annual exam, I got married and moved last summer and I can't remember if I had my annual last summer. So I finally found a ObGyn up here and went for my check up. And like I mentioned, I was informed today that it was abnormal and that they want me to come in for more testing, including a biopsy. I had tested positive for HPV a few years ago, and my luck it was the one of the more serious strains, but I had been under the impression that that was all behind me. DH and I are supposed to start TTC and I'm so worried about everything now. :(

I'm sending positive vibes your way, Liz! I hope everything turns out ok!

I had abnormal cells multiple times and had to have a LEEP procedure as well. So did a friend of mine and she is pregnant with her second. I wasn't trying at the time but my DR assured me that it is multiple procedures that tend to cause a problem. Don't panic. I went in every six months for a couple years and now I'm finally free and clear! Don't panic. Just get information and get it taken care of.

Thanks ladies, I'm scared as they want to do a more invasive surgery for me as the pre-cancerous cells migrated up into my cervix and they are worried it may have have gone into my uterus. They are going to do a procedure called a cone... and I'll be put out for it!:wacko:

Good luck, it's great that you're getting this taken care of.

Hey lizlovelust,

I had my follow up appointment today and I thought of you. Have you heard anything yet?

I didn't want to make a new post for this but I had a biopsy after getting abnormal results from my pap and it came back as moderate to severe. I have an appointment with the doctor on Monday to discuss my results and I was told I will need to have a LEEP procedure. I am so scared. Obviously, I don't want to get/have cancer but I've also read that it can be more difficult to get pregnant after these procedures. I'm trying really hard to stay calm but I'm not being very successful... 😰

I didn't want to make a new post for this but I had a biopsy after getting abnormal results from my pap and it came back as moderate to severe. I have an appointment with the doctor on Monday to discuss my results and I was told I will need to have a LEEP procedure. I am so scared. Obviously, I don't want to get/have cancer but I've also read that it can be more difficult to get pregnant after these procedures. I'm trying really hard to stay calm but I'm not being very successful... 😰

I had a LEEP procedure, and so did a friend of mine. It's repeated procedures that can cause difficulties. I have had two losses but totally different and unrelated and my friend is going through her second healthy pregnancy with no losses. Don't worry yourself about a problem you don't have yet:hugs: This is hard enough with out piling the extras on:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->