Cervical Dysplasia... Needing advice plz!!!

kam78

Reaction score
Ok, Think we MIGHT be onto something....

We have been testing & checking & waiting to see why this horrible nightmare has happened... I think we may have an answer, maybe... I just got a call from my doctor saying I need to come back for a colopscopy & biopsy in a few weeks cuz i have cervical dysplasia (moderate range) .... Of course, my first question was ... "Huh??" ... Then I thought... "Ah ha!" .. I have a crappy cervix and that's why this has happened to my Emma! Well, he doesn't think it has anything to do with each other... How could it not?!?!? ... I don't know, I'm not a doctor... BUT I immediately started googling ... The websites say they aren't related BUT how can they not be??

I would think it would weaken my cervix or have some kind of negative effect on it & could cause me to go into preterm labor as I did on Mar 25, 2011 ... I don't know, just very confused ....:shrug:

I was hoping anyone of you girls have dealt with this or have heard anything about this & give me SOME advice ...

I am not worried at all, I told a FEW people & they immediately freak out & think the C word... (cancer) BUT I haven't... I just mainly wanna know what the heck is going on with my stupid cervix & really wanna know, "Ok, how do we fix this junk so I can TTC & carry a baby to full term!" ... That's my worries ....

I would appreciate any info or news or anything you ladies might have heard or experienced ....:hugs:

didnt want to read and run petal, i have no advice on this subject but just wanted to say that maybe you could go back to your doctor for some more advice. i would be the same hun i would definitely be thinking they are related! but if the doctors and websites say theres no link then maybe you should trust that too.... hope you get some answers huni xxxxxxxxxxx

I wish I knew about this , Kelly. :cry: I am sorry. Right now I am a wealth of crap :dohh: but trust your instincts, I have no answers and it's horrible. I hope you get some answers and I hope your appointment goes well. If you need anything let me know, I am not that far ya know :thumbup:
xoxoxxo:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am scheduled for a procedure May 9th, sooo, guess well see ...

Thanks ladies!

I dont think they are related hun. What your dr is telling you is they have found some abnormal cells, (I assume you had a pap test recently). I have also had this. What he will do is snip a tiny piece of you cervix and send it away for testing. It doesnt hurt and all, but may cause a bit of spotting. When it comes back, you may need some surgery. Its just to remove the nasty cells that might turn cancerous. The surgery is pretty straight forward. I've had this done and gone on to carry a healthy baby to full term, and have had all normal pap smears since. If, it turns out that your cervix will end up too short after the surgery, at least everyone is aware of it, so that when you fall pregnant again, they will be ready to put in a cerclage early.
Cervical cancer is one of the easiest cancers to prevent, by regular smears and surgery when needed.
Hope this info has helped you. Also, hope I'm correct!!! I wont be offended if anyone corrects me! Honest!

Thank you so much Mellybelle ... So very helpful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->