Cervical Issues.. Anyone?

hope2bmother

Reaction score
Had my first scan today and baby was measuring bang on at 11w1d, HR 172. I was/am over the moon. HOWEVER, the midwife mentioned that my cervix is on the low end of normal in terms of length and that it felt a little thin. I just messaged her to ask for my cervical measurement and to clarify that she thought my cervix was a little thin, but right now I'm freaking out that I have cervical incompetence. Anyone in a similar position or have previous experience with this? Please?

My cervix is on the low end on the safe scale. The cut off point is 3cm and mine was like 3.2 or something like that but they said not to be worried. Hopefully yours is around that also. The only they is to try and rest stay off your feet when ever you can. They are pretty good at assisting with incompetent cervix these days so dont stress to much it could be nothing. Fx you hear back your results soon.

A good friend of mine had a very thin cervix. By about 5 months into her pregnancy it was only 1 cm. She did get put on bed rest for 3 months but she has a beautiful 3 year old little boy! On her due date she was told she could begin to work again, walk around, anything she wanted. She carried for another week so he made it to 41 weeks. We, as her friends, helped make dinners, do laundry etc. She felt bad asking for help but we had so much fun hanging out, watching bad tv etc.

Thank you both for your responses! After a previous loss, it's even easier to freak out in the first trimester! You both helped me immensely. Feeling much more positive now. Also had reassurance from my midwife and I will get an exact measurement of my cervical length in 1.5 weeks when I go for my nuchal scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->