Cervical length 3.25 cm at 16 weeks?? Short??

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
Is this short?? This was done private and she wasn't concerned but everything I have read suggests that's on the short side xx

Sounds normal, hunny. In my 24w scan , they wrote in the notes that my cervix was 3cm and very long.

Everything I'm reading is saying it should be around 4-4.5 cm between 16 and 20 weeks. I'm such a worrier I booked this privately to tide me over to my 20 week scan and now I'm worrying even more. Catch 22 xx

If there was a problem they would of said at the scan

I agree. Trust the medical proffesionals, not Dr Google. If the scanner said all was well, then you are! If you have no symptoms of anything being wrong, don't worry! I don't really see the point of having these reassurance scans/checks etc. if you are not going to believe the proffesionals when they say all is well! They know what they are doing :)

I agree. Trust the medical proffesionals, not Dr Google. If the scanner said all was well, then you are! If you have no symptoms of anything being wrong, don't worry! I don't really see the point of having these reassurance scans/checks etc. if you are not going to believe the proffesionals when they say all is well! They know what they are doing :)

I know I really shouldn't have bothered I knew this would happen. I've never had a second trimester loss but have risk factors for incompetent cervix but nhs won't check this til 20 weeks. I go back for a follow up privately at 18 +3 xx

I think the reason I am dubious is because she said at first 2.1 cm and I gasped then she checked again and wrote down 3.25 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->