Cervical Mucas/Fluid?

WILSMUM

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago (I was 5 weeks). I didn't bleed very heavily and only for 3 days so was unsure to start with as to whether it was a miscarriage or not so I was sent to the local epau for a scan, which was on 30th march and showed no sign or any pregnancy material but as I hadn't bled very much they decided to do hcg blood tests. The first one came back at 190, 48hrs later had dropped to 173 and 48hrs after that down to 151. Also at the time of the last blood test they did another scan just to check they hadn't missed anything on the first one (they hadn't).

Anyway I was told that as I'm well in myself, not bleeding and not in pain they were happy to carry on with expectant management but to come back in 2 weeks for another blood test and scan.

Since my last visit to the hospital (2 weeks ago on Friday) I've had an awful lot of cervical fluid - so much at times that I have to run to the toilet to check that I've not started bleeding again but apart from a little bit of spotting the weekend after my last hosp appointment and also a little bit of blood in the cm yesterday and day before I've not bleed again since I miscarried. I was just wondering if this amount of CM is normal? It doesn't smell at all and I've not had any pain so don't think its due to an infection.

I'm back to the hosp on Friday and am hoping my levels will be down to 0 if not then I may well be given a shot of methotrexate.

Could you be ovulating? :)

I might need the meth shots too now, I really don't want them!!!

I dunno tbh - i suppose i could be - i guess it all depends on if the hcg has gone down to under 5.
We have dtd a couple of times since last friday and its felt a bit uncomfortable tbh, not painful though - i've got a c-section scar from when i had my son and it feels as though something is pushing at that from the inside!
I know what you mean I'm really not keen to have the meth shot - when she was talking about it 2 weeks ago I was kinda like "yeah ok whatever" as at the time dh was adamant that he didn't want to carry on ttc but since then he's said that we'll arrange the fertility appointments etc again see what they say and then after we've been through all that if everythings ok we'll give it 6 months and then reassess so now I'm keen to get on with it iykwim!
I'm also worried about how I'll feel immediately after - dh can't have the time off work on fri so i'm at the hosp on my own with my 4 year old and will have to catch the bus back!

Yeah, it's the complusory 3 month+ wait after the last shot which puts me off!

Mind you they think I'm molar now so I'll have to wait to TTC anyway :dohh:

I asked a different gyne about ovulation & he also said you basically ovulate when your body feels like it, a low amount of HCG may or may not delay it.
I reckon anything's possible!

Hope your levels are down tho, that would be fab :D xxx :hugs:

Yeah I read yr other post and saw that - I don't really know anything about it tbh but thats not good about having to wait - I'm really sorry.

I hate all this being in limbo - spotting and thinking I'm about to start bleeding again only for it to amount to nothing! It makes me really ratty and short tempered which isn't great for DH or my 4 year old!!!

Will let you know on Friday what happens - fingers crossed!

:hug:

Wilsmum and Dan-o, if its any help to either of you, i had the metho shot in November, hospital told me nothing about waiting 3 months but did give me a sheet what told me to. Anyhow to cut a long story short my doc and a doc on one of these medical chat websites said that a shot of the amounts they give would be out of your system in a matter of weeks not months, they use the same stuff for rheumatoid(?) arthritis and if you look on american/australian sites thet tell you to only wait a month.

i hope everything works out for you both x x

I know my ovulation was WAY different after my mmc in february.. the first time i had ALOT of EWCM.. and even this past ovulation period was very strange!

Good luck at the dr.

Well back from hosp and my hcg is down to 18 which the Dr is happy about so I don't have to go back and be their human pin cushion anymore - thankfully!

However she did advise to use condoms till i've had 2 "normal" periods to give my body time to get over this and repair itself and then its back to see her in June but this time at the fertility clinic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->