Cervical polyp or wart?

rundmf

Reaction score
Hello,

I am pregnant with my first baby (18w1d) and am a neurotic mess. I went to the ER this weekend for spotting and was told I had a cervical polyp. Ok, great. Spotting again this week and wanted more info so I called my doctor. He is now saying it is not a polyp but looks like a condyloma or wart like growth. He said he wanted to do a colposcopy but I immediate shut down and said no. Four weeks ago I had an abnormal pap but it came back negative for cancer and HPV. So my question is, has anyone had a colposcopy and biopsy while pregnant? I'm willing to go through with the colposcopy but am concerned about a biopsy potentially causing miscarriage, cervix shortening, etc. ALSO, my mom had cervical cancer and had a full hysterectomy.

Last week my cervix was 4.5 cm and closed. Today it was long and closed again.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm not too concerned about myself...more so about protecting the baby.

Any insight is helpful (I will be calling the doc tomorrow but wanted to hear from you all tonight) :)

Really sorry you have to go though this hun, especially now while you're pg. I don't know enough about this myself to say one way or another but I always think talking it through with your dr and/or mw is a good plan. Basically, the doctor will weigh up the risks and benefits of a particular action so ask him to go through that with you and then you'll be in a better position to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->