Cervical scan really really worried

ellahstruts

Reaction score
Hi guys ay feedback would be apprecaited as i am extremely worried, i am pregnant with baby number 6, i have 4 healthy children and baby number 5 was born prem at 22 weeks we called her meah and she passed away, i am now 13 weeks pregnant again and the hospital are giving me 2 weekly scans to measure cervical length and swabs for infections. so yesterday i went along and had my scan and high vaginal swab, cervical lenght normal, all ok. i got home, yesterday evening i felt between my legs and some mucus came out, not bloody, but like a 10p piece size of mucus. i have no blood, pains and no water i have been along to the doc who has referred me to early assessment unit who cant see me till next wednesday, i am so worried my plug has come away, although i have no other symptoms, could the scans and swabs have just pushed some mucus out? because of last time me and my partner are not having sex so there has been no activity for 11 weeks so i am hoping to god the probs and swab has just brought things down, as the scan showed tight cervix yesterday. sorry if tmi please if anyone can give me any reassurance. thanks xx

Hiya honey, it sounds to me like the swabs dislodged something (but not your plug) - also they tend to use a lot of ky jelly on them - it might be some of that coming back down????????
What was your cervical length? I suffered from cervical incompentence during my pregnancy and ended up having a stitch put in to prevent miscarriage - have a whole thread on it further down in this section. Hope all's ok :hugs:

Hi!

When you are pregnant, you can get a lot of vaginal discharge, both jelly like and watery. When I was about 17 weeks pregnant, I had so much of it, I thought my waters might be leaking! I went for a scan and everything was fine - it was just the increased discharge. Like Lulubee said, it could also be the lubricant they used to do the examination.

If you are concerned, especially with what happened before, I would go and see your doctor for some reassurance.

Good luck - I am sure everything is fine. I am so sorry for what happened to your lovely daughter Meah.

xxx

hi, thanks for making me feel better, my cervical length was 3.7cm which was normal, i had some more mucus yesterday so went to the hospital and they examined me, my cervix was shut and i am at the assessment area on wednesday for a cervical scan so hopefully it will be ok, it makes you scared to move incase something happens lol x

hello. I have loast what you have described at 3 different times so far in my pregnancy. I was worried, my midwife said was normal in pregnancy. If it is a bit of your plug which isnt likey then it regenerates itself. But keep your appointment i like 2nd opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->