Cervical Score of 4................not happy :(

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Well, they have been pushing me to try and go naturally this time rather than an elective c-section.

So today the midwife tried a sweep, couldn't even get near it to tell and I got a score of 4 :(.

And so I looked it up and found this:

Each components is given a score of 0-2 or 0-3. The highest possible score is 13.

A score of 5 or less suggests that labour is unlikely to start without induction. A score of 9 or more indicates that labour will most likely commence spontaneously.[3]
A low Bishop's score often indicates that induction is unlikely to be successful.[4] Some sources indicate that only a score of 8 or greater is reliably predictive of a successful induction.

Baby is also only 3/5ths engaged. And the only plus is she said everything is very soft.

So basically I am in the same situation as with #1 and When I get induced its only 2 tabs they can use and I will have to be constantly monitored............which means sat on the bed...............which si what ended up in having a c-section with LO as I couldn't progress as she couldn't come down.

I am tempted to call the antenatal clinic tomorrow and ask to speak to the consultant and just schedule a c-section rather than wait till next thurs to be induced.

What do you think??

Induction is said to be really bad by most women but truth is that each pregnancy ends differently. Your cervix is soft which is great compared to mine which is hard but im 3cm dialated.the point is that there is no gareuntee that if you had a higher score you would start labour or they start it.i have a score of 7 but my baby is still high it can take even two seconds for them to come down if you bounced on ball after they induce you

Go for the csection Hun don't put your body through the stress of another induction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->