Cervix Length Scan experience?

Confused85

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’m due to have an internal cervix length scan tomorrow At 16 weeks and 1 day and wanted to know peoples experience?

I just wanted to know if the scan takes a long time, eg will the probe be inside me a long time. I‘m hoping it’s not too evasive as I’ve had spotting after internal scans earlier in pregnancy but some scans took half an hour, I’m hoping the cervix length scan is not as long.

Plus my mum has panicked me saying it’s bad to have an internal scan this far in to my pregnancy however I know the reason for the scan is very important.

Many thanks,

Natalie.

They had to do an internal at my 20 week scan because I didn’t have a full enough bladder to do the cervix measurement - it took probably 2-3 minutes. If that. It’s super short because it’s only one small measurement they need to take

They had to do an internal at my 20 week scan because I didn’t have a full enough bladder to do the cervix measurement - it took probably 2-3 minutes. If that. It’s super short because it’s only one small measurement they need to take

Ahh that’s great! Thank you thank you! I thought it may be quick as it’s just the cervix they are looking at.

I haven’t been able to sleep all night, worrying about the scan today. Hope there’s no bad news.

Will keep you posted x

Hope all goes well at your scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"