cervix measured

starangel27

Reaction score
Hi

im just looking to find out of anyone has had cervix measured and what it involves?

I had cells lasered a few years ago and the midwife wants to check the length of my cervix it just has me a little panicked

I haven't yet, but will in 4 weeks at my next appointment. As far as I know, they just use the internal ultrasound to measure it.

Everyone has it done during pregnancy, it's routine. I had mine measured at my NT scan yesterday. Nbd though, they're just making sure it's long and closed... I've had multiple biopsies and scrapings done and mine is fine....

They do a trans vag u/s and measure the cervix from the vaginal canal to the uterus. They usually take several measurements and average it out. They may also have you put pressure on the top of your uterus to mimic standing pressure to see if the cervix changes length. They start talking treatment if cervical length is 2 cms or less.

It's just like other internal scans, no big deal. It is not routine here. I had mine measured every week from week 14 through 22 because of my history.

Are you ladies US based? I'm
Not aware it's something done in the UK. Just interested!

its not routine here ive never had this done in previous pregnancy

I'm in the US. I don't think my doctor would be checking if not for my previous miscarriage.

I'm in the UK and from 16weeks I will have my cervix measured due to two previous premature births. Not sure what happens but hoping it's not transvaginal??xx

I'm fairly certain it is transvaginal, at least here. They can't get as accurate a reading from abdominal. Why don't you like transvaginal?

I'm fairly certain it is transvaginal, at least here. They can't get as accurate a reading from abdominal. Why don't you like transvaginal?

ive never had it done and Have no idea what to expect lol x

In my experience it isn't bad at all, just slightly uncomfortable. I've had so many I'm used to it. The person typically lets me glide it in myself so I'm not taken by surprise. It isn't nearly as unpleasant as a pap smear! You'll be fine :hugs:

In my experience it isn't bad at all, just slightly uncomfortable. I've had so many I'm used to it. The person typically lets me glide it in myself so I'm not taken by surprise. It isn't nearly as unpleasant as a pap smear! You'll be fine :hugs:

Thanks hun :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->