Cervix on short end

Mrs. Vet

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while so this is my first post after making it to second trimester!
I am 17+2 today, went to the ER last night because i was having cramps with tummy tightening and hadn't felt the baby move in 24 hours. The baby was fine, just had turned which is why I hadn't felt the kicks.

She said my cervix is at 3cm and shouldn't get much shorter than that. I got magnesium and something else to slow down the cramps and told to take it easy but no bed rest and I'm also cleared to go on vacation this week as planned.

Now my friend pretty much told me I am doomed and will go into pre term labor and end up on bed rest eventually. It is what happened to her.
I am trying to stay positive and I'm glad I made sure to take it easy prior to this already but it freaks me out a bit.

Am I really doomed? Or is there a chance it will stay at 3cm as long as it needs to?

If the doctor expressed no concern, I wouldn't worry about it! She was even looking for a problem, and obviously the cervix didn't raise any red flags for her.

Also, the odds of you going through exactly what your friend did are pretty slim.

Relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

Thank you!!
We're on vacation now for a few days and other than my first round of really bad reflux I've been doing great! We made sure i get time to rest between doing things and even though I had forgotten to take my Magnesium and meds yesterday I only had a bit cramping twice, that was it!

Somehow people like to drive me nuts with their horror stories, some of them I just started to shut them down telling them i don't want to hear it..

I've been there. It turned out just fine. Just make sure you stay well hydrated. :)

That's for the best I think as sometimes people don't know when to stop talking!

Glad to hear you're feeling better : )

No you are not doomed :hugs: I have an incompetent cervix and carried my second son to 31+5 with the help of a cerclage and no be dress. I'm now pregnant with twins and have a cerclage again and I'm on modified bed rest simply because there are 2 babies.

Go to your regular doctor / OB and request regular cervical scans and if they see signs of your cervix failing they'll fit you a cerclage.

Xxxx

No you are not doomed :hugs: I have an incompetent cervix and carried my second son to 31+5 with the help of a cerclage and no be dress. I'm now pregnant with twins and have a cerclage again and I'm on modified bed rest simply because there are 2 babies.

Go to your regular doctor / OB and request regular cervical scans and if they see signs of your cervix failing they'll fit you a cerclage.

Xxxx

Please, please request follow up cervical scans like miss zoie suggested. It can be nothing, but doctors often brush things off as fine without much investigation. I've lost 2 babies because of incompetent cervix and hate to see other women go through that, when it can be fairly easily managed. Cerclage, progesterone, restricted activity. There are things that can help. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->