Cervix position question

AdriansMama

Mama to 3 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hello !! I just checked my cervix position and it is medium height , medium firmness and partially open . My cycle is about 30 days typically. My cm is also creamy and white. Does this mean AF is on her way ? Or can this be typical if I have conceived?

Edited after reading about cervix firmness I have concluded that it is soft and not medium at all it is VERY soft

I have had some cramping off and on I've also had bouts of nausea on and off for the last 4-5 days I seem to be pretty sensitive to smells. My nipples have been sensitive as well.

The cervix changes alot, and every woman is diff.
For ex I never get low position anymore since my DS was born by emerg c sect.
In my BFP chart with him my cervix was not soft until like 8 wks preg. It pretty much stayed med height med feel, and was only high and soft right at ov.
for most ppl their cervix is firm and low before AF.
Here's a link that I found helpful for checking cervix and cm:
GL and :dust:
https://community.babycenter.com/po...cp_and_cervical_mucus_cm_type_for_your_charts

Thank you for the link !!! My cervix has never been like this before that I know of the last time it felt like this I was pregnant with my youngest but it was super high up and I stopped tracking after my bfp. I'm going to wait it out but hopefully it's good news

Dont want to hijack your post, so I hope you dont mind me posting, but I've just checked mine and whilst I really havent a clue if it is opened or closed, I have a better idea as to whether it is high or low.

Anyway, just checked it there and it is LOW, I mean really low, so low that I had to push my finger past it on the way in, if that makes sense. I dont think it has ever been there before. Any chance that's not actually my cervix, it feels like it and is very very soft???

I don't mind at all ! I can't really answer that for you I'm sorry I have never had that happen to me before lol
Today my cervix is very high I can only reach the bottom of it and it feels medium / firm. Still have creamy white cm. AF expected on Monday

Hi Joey
Usually it is very low before af BUT everyone is different and having a full bladder or bowels will push the cervix ( by pushing the uterus) up or down a bit.
I am right handed so after many months of checking I find it easiest to place my pointer finger and middle finger together on my Left hand, and insert them slowly.
You may have to feel around a bit to sort out walls that may be swollen versus the actual cervix, but usually I can find the "dimple" or "donut hole" center of it. I then circle just around that spot to tell if it is hard/firm, medium is hard to describe a bit mushy and a bit firm, and if it is truly soft, everything seems to feel soft.
It is possible to place your finger PAST the cervix around the sides of it.
Think of it like a funnel sitting atop a glass...
The tip of it is hanging lowest, but you can get upward of it on both sides a bit.
My best advice is take your time, locate that "dimple" first, then feel just around it gently.
I say gently because when mine is soft, I am able to "poke" it and much like a sponge it will sink in with my finger, but feel firmer once my finger stops moving.
It's like a sponge on a table - if you press lightly, you feel the sponginess, if you just jab in and stop, you reach the firmness of the table and totally miss how soft it really is.
Also, practise makes perfect. I sometimes check a couple times thru the day if I am not sure what it felt like that morning.
GL ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->