Cervix Presentation

Spunky Cupkake

Reaction score
Hi when pregnant what is the presentation of the cervix?

And What is the preentation of the cervix when due on sorry if tmi

After ovulation, your cervix will drop lower in your vagina and feel firm, like the tip of your nose. During pregnancy, the cervix will rise a bit and become softer, but the timing of this happening will vary from woman to woman. For some, this will happen shortly before their period is due, but for other, this will not happen until quite a while after their pregnancy has been confirmed.

Due to this variation between women, checking the position of your cervix to determine pregnancy is not a reliable indication of whether or not your are pregnant.

My consultant told me exactly the same as what Wobbles said, the cervix is not a true indication of pregnancy, it is unreliable!

But that is honestly how I knew I was preggy because it always dropped after Ovulation but it was so high I couldnt find it also very slippy (sorry TMI) :oops: It can be an indication if you know EXACTLY what you are looking for and know your own body.

Hi girls checked my cervix today and its high and soft what does this mean ???

Low: Record "low" for your least fertile cervical position. This is the position where it is easiest to feel and reach your cervix.
Medium: Record "medium" for the position between your lowest and highest.
High: Record "high" when your cervix is hardest to reach. You may not even be able to reach it. You will notice that it feels more wet, soft and open at this time as well. This is your most fertile cervical position.

Firm: Record "firm" as the most hard and firm texture you experience throughout your cycle. Your cervix will likely also be low and quite easy to reach at this time.
Medium: Record "medium" when your cervix feels between your most firm and most soft. You may feel this just before you approach your more fertile time before ovulation and after ovulation as well.
Soft: Record "soft" when your cervix feels the most soft. It will probably feel quite wet and high at this time as well and you may even notice that it also feels open. It may be hard to reach. This is your most fertile cervical texture.

Also:

Once ovulation occurs the cervix drops to low and firm - once again feeling like the tip of your nose. And the o’s become tightly closed. (The o’s in a woman who has given birth vaginally will feel more open at all times because of the stretching that occurred at the birth of her baby.) This can happen right away after ovulation to several hours to several days. Again, each woman is unique and needs to find these things out over a several month time frame.

When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the o’s will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times in different women. Some women may find that twelve days after ovulation their cervix will do this and is a probable pregnancy sign. Others won’t experience this until well after the pregnancy has been confirmed.

Where are you in your cycle hun?

i dunno i mc aug 14th and waited until bleeding stopped then 2 weeks after mc i ovulated on wed, thur & friday and had sex on the wed and fri then 2 weeks later that was last week i ovulated again but kept on getting positive ovulation test all week and yesterday the time before i had 3 positive ones then they went negative like they did in june and july and i caught straight away when doing it in july as i had positive tests in june but didnt bed that month so i dunno if i am preg i aint got a clue???

Crikey! How can you sit there? I'd be off to Tesco for a Clearblue jumping the queue!!! :lol:

LOL i know it driving me crazy i did a test last thursday in the morning but something was telling me to look at it and i could see a line but only when you really looked but done it on friday and could see a very faint faint line just could make that out but sat there was nothing there so just bought some more tests off ebay and we will see tommoro i have had tingling of the boobs only now and again slightly but you never know i just dont know what is happening with my body anyone got ideas?? plus i still keep on getting positive ovulation tests

If I was you I would stay neutral go & buy a test & have in mind you're testing on the 'just incase' Get a Clearblue hun I swear by them buggers!!

i am saying i would put money on you being pregnant,if i was betting person that is lol

It sounds promising but don't get your hopes up until you are certain, always best to think that way!

Lots of luck!

AND WOULD YOU HURRY UP & GO TO TESCO PLEASE :lol:

Get testing, but don't go on cervix alone, it is NOT reliable!!! Go get a test...................*Waiting impatiently*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->