Cervix Swept today! advice please?!

pink32

Pregnant #4
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
i had my OB appointment today and my OB told me it looks like i'll be having a big baby approx 8.5 pounds....Soooo, as u could all imagine i am absolutely freaking out.

I asked him if we should wait till my due date (20th june) or whether we should induce me....

After he measured me and bub, he definately decided to induce me asap.

He did an internal and told me i was 3cm dilated and that baby was engaged. He streched my cervix and told me i have a 30-40% chance of labour commencing on its own?

i am soooo paranoid and scared about being induced...i was induced with my first and i was in excruciating pain..

My question is: -sorry its taken thus far - any ladies that have had their cervix swept / stretched - Have u gone into labour? and if so how long after? i guess i'm just not looking forward to this induction...

i am also spotting at the moment - nothing major - OB said this is normal as long as it doesnt get excessively heavy!

If anyone may please share their experience would be greatly appreciated.

thank you :)

Sorry not got any answers but would also like to know how quick labour can start after sweep x

Good luck

me too babe! so anxious at the moment:dohh:

I don't have any 'proper' advice but when I had my sweep on Sunday, the midwife said that generally, the first sweep doesn't work, but often the second one does. I have another one booked in for Thursday and she said it was more likely that the sweep would work then. I am guessing that the first sweep helps release some hormones which make the cervix more favourable so it has a better chance of working the second time, but as I say, that's just my guess. Can you have another sweep in a few days to see if that sets it off, or would you be induced before then?

Hi londonangel,

Tks for ur reply but unfortunately I will be induced on Thursday therefore won't have a second one done.

The ob here stretched my cervix, is that the same thing as a sweep I wonder? And have u started spotting at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->