Cervix thinning - 26 weeks gestation???

S

Serene123

This is for a friend.

She's 26 weeks pregnant, she had a large amount of blood on Saturday night, and ended up in hospital for 2 days where she was tested and scanned all the usual. She's been told her cervix is meant to be at a 3, but is around a 2. They said it could grow back but might not and she's been put on high risk for premature labour. Quite clearly she's crapping herself. She's not allowed to do anything, even look after her son.

Anyone had this? Anyone gone into premature labour because of this? Anyones cervix sorted itself out and they've made it to term?

Looking for experience with it really, not google answers :blush:

What's more likely to happen, it keep thinning, or it thicken back up?

Thanks girls x

sorry no answers from me, but thought i'd bump you up to the top again saying best wishes to your friend, hope baby stays in for a while longer :)

hey im 28 weeks and had bleeding the other day and also had to stay in hospital for 2 days!! they said my cervix was also thinner than supposed to be and cud go into prem labour!! the hospital said tht it cud be due to sex tht causes it and to try and avoid it 2 much in case it stimulates the cervix. they also said to rest alot and not do to much bending or stretching and it should be ok, sorry its not much help hope all is ok for her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->