Cesarean overhang

Amber100

Reaction score
I'm due to have a cesarean on the 26th of March for my first baby but I'm hearing horror stories that I'll have a huge overhang where the scar is that will never go. I was a size 8 pre pregnancy & have put on about 2 stone so not a massive amount. I'm obviously aware my body won't look the same as before the minute baby pops out but has anyone had a cesarean and not ended up with an overhang or am I doomed?!

I only had a wee overhang, it's now a lot bigger of course, but that would be the small child in ma belly! I was a 6/8 before pregnancy and had fairly good stomach muscles so that may be why.

I think some form of overhang is inevitable tbh. They do cut through muscles etc so the support is somewhat reduced.

No it's not inevitable! I actually don't know what this over hang thing is tha people speak about. I had an EMCS 2 years ago and I never had one. I was lucky pos pregnanc last time, I had no over hang, n stretch marks and just a small faded scar
Just hope I get aaway wit no stretch marks this time too! Dont worry, you may be fine xx

I don't have an overhang. I was worried about that too, but I never got one. :)

I have no overhang at all. :flower: I was a size 10 pre-pregnancy but gained 2 1/2 stone.

I had a little overhang, but my scar is way in my bikini line, so the only one who ever say it was me, and DH.

I'm due to have a cesarean on the 26th of March for my first baby but I'm hearing horror stories that I'll have a huge overhang where the scar is that will never go. I was a size 8 pre pregnancy & have put on about 2 stone so not a massive amount. I'm obviously aware my body won't look the same as before the minute baby pops out but has anyone had a cesarean and not ended up with an overhang or am I doomed?!

wow we have our c section on the same day!!I too am worried about the over hang as this will be my 2nd c section but my first was done with a classical incision and this time I will be having a bikini cut so I hope I don't end up looking too disfigured...well, good luck hun and hope all goes nice and smooth for both of us on our big day!!!

The overhang is a pregnancy thing, not a c-section thing :) I didn't have one (after I lost the pregnancy weight anyway).

I also am not sure what overhang is, I had an emcs in 2008 and don't have one as far as I know!

It's a rather attractive flesh "bumbag" (or fanny pack) just above the bikini line of loose skin. It's more common after a section because they cut through the muscle.

How did u ladies that didn't get overhang manage that?? I'm jealous!! I wasn't fat pre preg but I have one :(

I think it might be because this was baby number 3 (first section) and I had loose skin from the previous pregnancies?

I didn't do anything, no exercises, nothing. I stomach just gradually flattened down. It's not quite as flat as before pregnancy but pretty much. I certainly have no overhang :shrug: sorry I have no secret but I had very good stomach musles before I was pregnant so that may have helped.

I watched a medical video of a c-section and they didn't cut the muscle, they spread them side to side.

I never had the overhang long term, maybe for two days?

How did u ladies that didn't get overhang manage that?? I'm jealous!! I wasn't fat pre preg but I have one :(

I think it might be because this was baby number 3 (first section) and I had loose skin from the previous pregnancies?

I was given an abdominal binder after my EMCS to wear which I think probably helped with me not having an overhang.

I think it's probably all down to luck, like stretch marks. You either get it or you don't !

my SIL has overhang and she had four vaginal births and my mother has a bum bag belly from having her third child and she had all vaginal births so its not a C-section only thing, god willing you wont get one, I hope not to either lol

u ladies are so lucky! my overhang is awful i hate it :( oh well, my son was worth it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->