Chances of conceiving a girl on ovulation day??

Kerrieann

Mummy to 4 boys
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone on here has conceived a girl on or very close to ovulation day? I know that in theory girls are conceived a few days before if going by the shuttles method but also know it's around 70% accurate apparently, anyone shed any light? (Hopeful pregnant mummy with 4 boys already!!)

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has conceived a girl on or very close to ovulation day? I know that in theory girls are conceived a few days before if going by the shuttles method but also know it's around 70% accurate apparently, anyone shed any light? (Hopeful pregnant mummy with 4 boys already!!)

The theory is, sex before ovulation day will more likely result in a girl and sex on ovulation day will more likely be a boy.

I've done the shettles method 4 times now and got the result I was going for 3 times so far. We won't know until this baby is born if it worked again because this time we're waiting to find out sex until birth. we are trying for a girl ❤

Last time we were TTC we wanted a girl, but we didn't use the shettles method or anything. We just DTD on my fertile days, including ovulation day. Ended up with a girl anyway!

I have had five babies and four of them are boys of which no planning went into. For baby number two I REALLY wanted a girl so I had sex three days before ovulation and had a girl. I think it does work. Because the other unplanned ones looking back at my period calendar were conceived on the day of or within 24 hours of ovulation.

I had sex 3 days before ov with this one and it's a boy. I had sex 2 days before ov with my first and he's a boy. So it really really wasn't true in my case!

well we had sex day before and on ovulation day and today found out it was a boy x

I dtd a few days before ovulation and the day of, so had a bit of a gap. In theory I think even though girl sperm are slower, they got an advantage over any that started on Ov day. But I could be totally wrong & she could be a girl by chance. I hope you get what you want 😊

I'm curious about this too! Sort of hoping for a girl this time but we only dtd once on ovulation day (we were not trying to get pregnant just had an oops - realized later it was O day)

I have no idea of when I conceived my first two daughters, as they were complete surprises. However, I know that I conceived this one the day of ovulation. (Or at least I'm 99% sure.) We only DTD once so I know exactly when we conceived (or rather, no other day could be responsible for the pregnancy), and it was the day after my positive OPK. I don't temp, but all my other fertility signs point to that being my ovulation day. The baby is also measuring spot on (or within one day) at all ultrasounds, so I'm feeling pretty confident about the date.

This baby is definitely a girl. I'll get it confirmed for the third time next week, but we're pretty sure at this point. LOL

So, if I dtd 4 nights before, the night before, the night of, and 2 days after O, would that favor boy or girl? I know it's kind of all over the place :S
We didn't gender sway, we just winged the whole thing but I desperately want another boy and SO wants a boy as well.
I do understand this is a theory but some insight would be nice :D

Thanks everyone, this one was a complete accident too and we was fully protected. 4 boys was plenty enough for me so it was a bit of a shock! I think if it's a girl it may soften the blow slightly as I have always wanted a daughter but obviously a healthy baby is all I want

So, if I dtd 4 nights before, the night before, the night of, and 2 days after O, would that favor boy or girl? I know it's kind of all over the place :S
We didn't gender sway, we just winged the whole thing but I desperately want another boy and SO wants a boy as well.
I do understand this is a theory but some insight would be nice :D

By the theory, that would favor boy. Good Luck!!

With my son I can see it on the day of ovulation.

This go around, I wanted a girl. So I tried to dtd 3 days prior to ovulation end I was unable to get pregnant after multiple tries. I decided, since I'm in my thirties, that I just wanted a healthy baby. Then I changed my tactic and DTD on ovulation and got pregnant right away. I'm still hoping it will be a girl. There are lots of people that report getting pregnant with girls even on the day of ovulation.

My 3rd pregnancy was an IUI done the day I ovulated (I ovulated 8 hours after the IUI). It was a girl.

I didnt track for DS or DD1 but DD2 we BD on:

cd12
cd14
cd16
cd17
cd19- O
cd21
cd24

Hello,

I am expecting my first little girl after four boys xxx this is the first one we were not ttc.... We managed to get this little lady by dtd once in the whole month 8 days before ov?! What does this mean? Probably nothing, but that's what happened to us xxx Take out a coin and do "heads or tails" 5 times and see if its the same every time, same chances as having a 5th boy ;) xxx

Hello,

I am expecting my first little girl after four boys xxx this is the first one we were not ttc.... We managed to get this little lady by dtd once in the whole month 8 days before ov?! What does this mean? Probably nothing, but that's what happened to us xxx Take out a coin and do "heads or tails" 5 times and see if its the same every time, same chances as having a 5th boy ;) xxx

Congrats on your girl! This time we were ntnp unlike last time when I got pregnant using Femara and DTD on O date and had a boy. This time we DTD 5 days before I think I O'd. I wonder if I'll get a girl this time....

Hello,

Congrats on your girl! This time we were ntnp unlike last time when I got pregnant using Femara and DTD on O date and had a boy. This time we DTD 5 days before I think I O'd. I wonder if I'll get a girl this time....

Its interesting, although the evidence seems to say it couldn't make a difference, it certainly has for us, and a few others i know....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->