Chances of conceiving???

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by lol2811, Jan 26, 2011.

1. lol2811

lol2811 Expecting #2

Hi

Just curious really. I am 27 so providing both me and dh are healthy why are the odds of conceiving only 20% each cycle?

I am trying to be positive that there isn't a problem with either of us. I have had regular cycles since coming off the pill ranging from 28-31 days and my lp has been either 11 or 13 days. My temps and cbfm also confirm I am ovulating.

I suppose I just don't understand if everything is fine, why are the odds so low.

2. Soili

Soili Well-Known Member

Well, that's just an average of couples conceiving on the first cycle of trying. And it's 25%. I too think it's quite low though. Why wouldn't it be like 80-90% providing that you DTD on the right days? But I guess it accounts for all kinds of random factors, like original egg quality, timing of BD, whether the egg is gonna like the :spermy:, implantation, yadda yadda...

3. lol2811

lol2811 Expecting #2

That's true.

It just sounds so simple, time it right so that sperm meets egg but in realiy it just doesn't seem to happen like that.