Chances of MTHFR after 4 healthy pregnancies?

Beanie4

Reaction score
I've had 2 chemicals in the past 4 cycles now after previously having 4 healthy pregnancies and no known other losses. I'm going to do cd3/cd7/ & 7dpo testing on my next cycle (since current one is a miscarriage) and they're also going to test for the clotting factors. It might seem like overkill on the testing since I've had 4 healthy pregnancies but I want to be proactive about this "just in case" and my midwife suggested it just to see. I think she's mostly wondering about my cd3 testing and what the FSH level, etc. reveals. I've been on metformin just starting this month for suspected pcos (irregular cycles but I have always been irregular and didn't have ttc issues in the past). I'm wondering though, when it comes to the clotting tests - how possible is it that I could have the MTHFR after having 4 healthy pregnancies?

I am sorry for your losses and I hope that with testing, you will find the answers you are looking for. You can definitely have the MTHFR polymorphism and have healthy pregnancies. It is a very common mutation affecting up to 40% of the population. I personally know of several people who have the mutation and had healthy pregnancies and then started having repeat pregnancy losses in their 30's.

If you do find that you have it you might want to ask your doctor about L-methylfolate. I work with NeevoDHA which a prenatal vitamin specifically indicated for women with MTHFR. Women with the MTHFR polymorphism have a limited ability to break down synthetic folic acid into its active form, L-methylfolate. This puts them at risk for folate deficiency related pregnancy complications. NeevoDHA contains L-methylfolate which increases blood folate levels and decreases homocysteine levels more effectively than synthetic folic acid. It is something simple and safe you can do to make sure folate deficiency is not an issue for you.

Best of luck!

I agree with the above statement hun. I actually did not know I have this exact mutation (double factor) and I had two healthy pregnancies carried to term. After 3 of ttc my third baby I realized I had PCO, MTHFR, and a slight immune problem. I'm on heparin shots twice a day to prevent miscarriage and am scared to death. I just found out I'm pregnant this past sunday. So I believe all the medications hopefully will help. Hope this helps hun. Take care and I hope you get your bfp very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->