Changed baby's name at birth?

B

BabyDinoMummy

Hi girls!
Was just wondering if anyone had ever had a name picked out for their baby before the birth but then changed after they were born?
I know a couple who were going to call their son Jayden but then he was an Aaron when he was born.
We're pretty set on the name Max for our son, but a part of me thinks I'm gonna end up changing it at the birth because I know what I'm like!

So, what names did you have before the birth and what did you actually end up naming your little ones?

I haven't but I also know people who did, I had a few names for my first and when she was born the first thing I said was 'its a Tabitha'.

I haven't but my mum did with my brother he was Harvey through out the whole pregnancy and changed to jack.. My sisters little boy was Benjamin through her pregnancy and they changed to William! Xx

It took a while to get used to at first as the whole family new the unborn babies as one name then it changed.. But as long as your happy with what you choose everyone else will get used to it xx

Don't get me wrong I am very happy with the name Maxwell, I feel it was slightly pushed a bit by my OH but we were forever changing names and he always stuck with Max.

I know someone who did this, she used one name all over Facebook and then her baby was born with a different name. I was pretty set on Brandon for a boy, I loved it, but he was/is in no way a Brandon, we named him Jason :flower:

Aww how sweet! No one knows we've chosen Maxwell yet, only you girls on here, but they know it was my OH's favourite. I just can't find another name we both love, but even Maxwell I don't love, love if that makes sense?

I believr that it will come to you when you see him for the first time :) Freakily without discussing it, me and OH both thought 'Jake' as soon as we saw him but I'm not a fan of it, but from there I knew he had to be a 'J' something, there was no other way lol

I hope we do find a name, whether it's Max or if it's a name that pops into our heads when we see him. We both have quite different tastes in names as well, so it has been quite a difficult task. I'm half Irish and at one point really wanted an Irish name, but OH wasn't keen on many of them, except maybe Kian.

Me and my OH were the same, in fact he always wanted to call his son Max, but he was the one who suggested Jason and I loved it! :)

Yup DD was pretty much going to be Leah but when she was born we decided on Lydia instead which in fairness was my second choice. I was so shattered I wasn't much bothered what we called her :) Might use Leah this time.. who knows!

ClaireAye - Yeah my OH loves the name Max, I do like it but it's just not a name I've fallen in love with. Weird how both our fella's like it. :)

Storm1jet2 - aww I love the name Leah I think it's beautiful, so is Lydia though!

I'm terrified of having this problem!
Our little one is Leo Ellis at the minute & I'm so scared he will arrive and not look like a Leo :haha:

I always loved Mylo but a girl I know has a 1 yr old called Mylo and I just know everyone would be like 'you copied her' blah!
Names are sooo hard xxx

They are! I feel so frustrated at the moment, like I could bang my head on a brick wall or something! :( I do like Max I really do but I feel like I really am just settling for the name because I can't find anything I truly do love 100% :(

We did!
We had chosen Oscar for a boy. I was starting to have second thoughts about it but it was my favorite out of any others we could think of.
When he was born we didn't think he looked like an Oscar at all and actually went with Max! Haha :p

It's nice, I just can't picture myself with a son called Max :\

I think sometimes you just need to see what they look like. We had our DD's name picked out most of the pregnancy but just couldn't be 100% about any this time. When we saw him, we both agreed that he was a Max though :)

Think you could be right... I guess I'm annoyed at myself as well for not actually liking any boys names

I don't like any boys names either hun. It's so hard! We've had a girls name picked out for so long and will use it when we have a girl cause we love it so much!
I'm stressing because we can't find a name were 1000000% in love with!
Anything I suggest my OH doesn't like & vice versa! :( xx

That is the exact same situation as us hun! I literally can't find anything I fall in love with :( it's getting to me a bit because I'm usually a super organised person for everything... I've got pretty much everything for baby now just need to sort myself out with a manual breast pump and bras etc but he's now all sorted and I'm not due for another 2 months.

Were all sorted too except breast pump and breast pads etc! Just the little bits for me really.

We've decided to make a little name list between us again & have a few on the list but none of them jump at me like 'name your son this!' :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->