Changed baby's name at birth?

It's so hard! & family always have horrible opinions, makes me so annoyed x

Yup I agree... If anything I prefer names that you don't see or hear of very often... like Jett (reminds me of Katie Price now though!) and I just know my family will say something.

I actually love Katie price (please don't judge me lmao :rofl: ) but I know what you mean, people will always associate that name with her now!
It seems like everyone had babies before me so they could steal my baby names! :rofl: xx

Oh dear haha don't get me started on her!

But yeah, feels like I'm the last one to be pregnant (yet I'm only 20!) and all the good names are gone :haha:

With our son we kept the name secret from everyone- only Dh and I knew. Once he was born we didn't change our minds- there was no way.. we'd been calling him Bennett the whole pregnancy and it's who he was. I still love it :)
For our daughter we've chosen Evelyn- this time we've told a few people. For me that was my fav. girl name and from the moment I had a feeling we were having a girl she's been that name for me- even before it was confirmed a girl and even before I had DH on board for sure. Really can't see changing it at birth.

My worst mistake was telling people what we had chose originally from day one he was Jacob-John /JJ for short but then family commented and put me right off it...then we decided on Jenson but then friends commented even when family were calling my bump Jenson :nope: so it really just put me off it i think DH picked up on it too and was like i didnt really like those names anyway so we went for a choice between Harrison Henry and Hayden...he is a Hayden for now we both love it Dennie for short and it means alot to us both the name so our lips our sealed! it seems people will always have an opinion! hoping his name doesnt change at birth as i think it might haha x

Oh dear haha don't get me started on her!

But yeah, feels like I'm the last one to be pregnant (yet I'm only 20!) and all the good names are gone :haha:

Exactly! I'm also 20 haha! I feel like everytime I see a name and I'm like omg I love that! I'll see it the next day and be like meh. Ha! God it's so annoying ! Xx

you child looks nothing like your child when they're born, they are bald chubby and squished... it takes a good few months before they start developing their own unique and permanent facial features

my son looked like an Alex... I cried over it, thank god I didn't change it because at 6 months everything changed and he is very much a Jake and wouldn't suit Alex at all now (not to mention I hate the name Alex lol)

Yup I agree... If anything I prefer names that you don't see or hear of very often... like Jett (reminds me of Katie Price now though!) and I just know my family will say something.

jees didn't even know shed popped out another, last I heard she had just had one and called it princess tsunami or something

jees didn't even know shed popped out another, last I heard she had just had one and called it princess tsunami or something

princess tsunami LMAO! :rofl: that cracked me up! shes called Princess Tiiaamii after katies mum and petes mum but they call her princess, madness!
think shes 6 now though. katie had a little boy to her new husband keiran in july and he was 8 weeks prem xx

Polledolly- we are far too a like! Like the other day I really liked Kieran but spelt Kyran now... Meh.

DD was going to be Lyla for most of my pregnancy then one day we we're talking & realised we'd both actually gone off it! We ran through a few names and when I said Tessa, DH said 'yep, that's the one!'

We didn't even think of changing it after that, it was her name regardless. And to be honest I was so exhausted after labour DH could have told everyone she was called Moonbeam and I wouldn't have cared, lol!

I was supposed to be a Noémie, and my mother says it didn't feel right once she saw me. It took her 5 days before she decided on another name. Mind you, she was single at the time, no make the decision harder. I ended up being named Gabrielle supposedly because the nurses at the hospital kept calling me "the little angel".

You will definitely know once your son is born, what his name should be. I assure you. It's like they name themselves!!! Once you see him - you will just know!

Once I found out I was having a boy, I decided on Tyler (some of my baby shower cards even say "Tyler"!!). Then several weeks later I changed my mind and was set on Gavin. Right up until the day he was born - he was Gavin!

After I saw him, it wasn't even a debate - I knew he was Jayden. I even changed his middle name!! I had a list of about 10 names (Jayden was on the list) and I agonized for months over what to name him!

If i'm blessed with baby #2, I now know I should just wait until after he/she arrives!! :wacko:

Polledolly- we are far too a like! Like the other day I really liked Kieran but spelt Kyran now... Meh.

My OH is getting so annoyed cause I keep changing my mind :haha: !
I absolutely loved Rory a few months ago, it felt right & like it was his name, but my oh hated it. Well I'm glad because now I don't like it :rofl: xx

I personally find it strange that people know what they will definitely call their baby. We are planning on staying team :yellow: anyway but even we were to find out, I can't imagine that I would refer to bump by the name I was thinking of using anyway! For my LO we had 3 blue names and 3 pink names that we both agreed on and loved and then saw what she was and then which she looked like :)

Me and my OH have agreed on two names so now we have to see what he looks like :)

I felt fairly certain about a name, that became so known to my family/friends that they even began to refer to her as "Madeleine" before she was born.

A few days before the birth, I encountered a new name I'd never considered before. I just told myself I'd wait until I finally saw her.

I ended up going with the new name. It surprised a few people. :haha:

I personally find it strange that people know what they will definitely call their baby. We are planning on staying team :yellow: anyway but even we were to find out, I can't imagine that I would refer to bump by the name I was thinking of using anyway! For my LO we had 3 blue names and 3 pink names that we both agreed on and loved and then saw what she was and then which she looked like :)

nothing at all weird about knowing your child's name in advance... I personally find it far more ridiculous really that people make a split second decision found in rampant hormones, lethargy and an altered mental state for something that sums up the large part of a persons life :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->