Changes to body/womb with pregnancies close together?

RoseandGaia

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Have just found out I'm pregnant again :happydance: after TTC. we're really happy, but I'm just wondering if there's any changes (?) to the body/womb, e.g. the womb not being in it's original size/strength as in pre-pregnancy?? (I'm asking this from my mother's experience, who fell pregnant with me a few months after my twin sisters were born, I was born at 34weeks at around 6lb. Thinking that I would have been a very big baby if born full term (baby accommodating a larger womb??) and was the only premature in my family (womb not strong enough after previous close pregnancy??))

Our Gaia is 6 months old now, so the pregnancies are pretty close together.
Are there any changes to pregnancies soon after previous pregnancies, with either the womb/baby, or the body (My body seems to have got back to its original shape, but after having to stop breastfeeding my breasts are without fat and saggy, am I still safe to do exercising to lift them when I will be getting more fatty tissue and milk glands with the development of the new pregnancy??)

Any experiences, advise would be great. I'm sorry if this post is confusing, I'm confused myself haha

thanks xx :flower:

My second pregnancy was distinctly less fun than my first. My carpal tunnel came back sooner, and much much worse, my back hurt more, I was so much more tired, I had more palpitations, I got every tummy bug going, I had really painful braxton hicks and after I had Teddy (incredibly easily, it's not all bad news) I had hideous afterpains.

I had Teddy at 40+1, exactly as I did with Imogen. He was much much easier to get out than Imogen, I was labouring away, not really needing to push and suddenly his head popped out. I pushed for nearly five hours with Imogen and she had to be yanked out in the end.

no i don't think there's any diff only that i got fatter quicker ;) and the aches came much sooner lol x

I was more tired but my womb shrunk back quicker this time the midwives we surprised, and labour was quicker this time round

My 1st 2 children are 12 months apart. My second pregnancy was a doddle, no aches or tiredness and I still worked full time till 38 weeks. The only hard part I found was the last 2 weeks when carrying around a full term baby whilst looking after a nearly 1 year old. I then had a totally easy 2 hour labour and was back on my feet straight away.

I'm pregnant with my 2nd who's due in 8 weeks (Son's 8 months), and the only thing so far I've noticed is a bigger bump, more period type cramps, less sickness, less dizziness etc but my boobs are bigger and def producing milk this time!

I really hope the premature birth after having a baby so close after isn't true though! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->