• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

changing my cycle to match dh's work schedule

hollyhopeful2

Twin Mom
Reaction score
Ok, here it is; I hope somebody can help!

My dh works away from home for 2 weeks and is home 2 weeks; only 2 weeks a month ttc. I have a very regular 29 day cycle and I've been charting for 4 months. Dh comes home and 6 days later af comes; I do not ovulate until cycle day 15 and he leaves on cycle day 10. I am contemplating trying to ovulate earlier so I will get af the week before he comes home. Does anyone have any advice on how to do that? I've toyed with birth control pills, maybe asking my doctor for an hcg injection to O earlier, although I'm not sure she would do that. And also thought about taking Vitex.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way?

Whatever you do dont take Vitex, your cycles with be totally stuffed up if there is nothing wrong with them! Your best bet, and even this can muck with some ladies cycles, is to try soy isoflavanes, they act like clomid and taken on certain days early in your cycle then stopped, then can bring on an earlier ovulation. You will find a few threads on it around BnB, I think there is even one in the BnB ttc buddies section?!! Good luck hun!:hugs:

Thanks WannaB! (congrats on your pg btw :)

What do you mean by my cycles would be 'stuffed up'? Sorry, I just don't understand.

I'm going to look into these 'soy isoflavens' though....

Vitex or aka angus castus throws your cycles out in most cases, ie stopping ovulation all together or delaying it, it also takes a while to get them back to regular after taking it so avoid at all costs! The soy can bring your O date forward by a couple of days or so, it works like the fertility drug clomid, which should be enough to get that eggy fertilized by hubby.

Damn! and I just bought a bunch of vitex! Maybe with the reciept they will exchange them for me for the soy stuff; I just looked up the soy things on google; Looks Good! Lots of good reviews! I'm gonna give it a go! So apparently I use it just like Clomid (never taken clomid before) for only 5 days from cd 1; wish me luck! Today is cd 20 and af should appear on cd 30, and dh is due home on cd 25 for 14 days; the suspense is going to be awful for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->