Char has CROUP!

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
Over the weekend Charlotte (now 8 months!) was having a dry cough and stuff/runny nose. Last night she woke up coughing and choking. I ran the shower on hot to get it all steamy and we went in there for a bit, then we went in front of the open bedroom window to get icy air alternating most of the night. Poor little thing can't even take formula, just some pedialyte. Brought her to the doc this AM and she had a 101.5 temp, he said it's bronchiolitis (croup) and it's gonna get worse before it gets better and that all we can do is watch her. He has a patient her age in the hospital intubated cause of it right now! She is SO lethargic and having such a hard time breathing, all good thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!! :cry::sleep:

Oh no! :hug: to you both. I hope she gets better quickly. Just keep areally close eye on her reathing hu. Can she sleep in your room with you?

Oh no. Hope it clears soon, dont want to scare you or anything but Olivia was hospitalised when she had it some if you think something isnt right you get her straight to the hospital. We was away visiting family at the time and the 1st dr told me i was imagining it and she had a 'little cold' I took her back to my granparents feeling stupid at first but no one knows my baby like I do and so I rushed to the hospital in the next clsest town and they rushed her straight in and pumped her with steriods.

x

:hug: to and and charlotte. Get well soon little lady!

Hope it gets better :) max had it and yes the dr is right it will get worst before its gets better ..my son had so much trouble breathing I slept with him on the lazy boy for 5 days ..

Aww poor little thing :( My OHs mum tould me he had it when he was a baby and she said she was scared stiff. Must be awful.

:hugs: to char and mummy

xxx

Hope your little angel gets better soon, Jack had this when he was a baby and was taken into hospital the first time he got it for a couple of nights and was given steroids etc but it passed in the end, i hope all is well soon thinking of you xx

Oh hun, I hate to hear that. I really hope she gets better quickly!

poor thing i hope she gets better soon, Amelia just has a cough and runny nose right now and i thought that was bad enough.

:hugs: hope she gets well quickly. xxx

Thanks girls! Charlotte had a really rough night. We ended up bringing her to the ER cause her lips were turning blueish and she was having retractions between her ribs when she tried to breathe in. After waiting for close to 2 hours she got taken in and given an albuterol treatment for breathing, motrin for fever (101) and steroids. I had to give her the motrin and steroids cause she didn't want anyone near her mouth. They sent us home afterwards and she seemed to be breathing a little better, but now that night is coming back 'round it's getting worse again. All the mucous is flowing from her nose today though and it's clear so thats a good thing anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->