Charley Isla Born on 6th July

MGD

Reaction score
Had finished work on the Friday and first day of maternity, Monday 5th had felt a bit weird all day, couldn't get comfortable. Contractions started at around 6pm and were about 10 mins apart. Was timing and breathing through them and wondering if it was a false alarm as I was sure I would be late. But they continued and started to get closer together. Had the obligatory bath and paracetomol (like that helps) ! Called hospital at 9.30 when they were 4/5 mins apart. Midwife said sounds like you are coping well give it another hour and call back. Waited till 11 before calling back, much stronger now but still 4/5 mins apart, different midwife same story.... Sounds like you are coping well and give it another hour! With 10 mins they became very strong and I was throwing up with the pain during every contraction. I said to OH we need to go now so got into car with a bucket! Got to hospital just after midnight, had to stop 6 times on way to ward with painful contractions. When we got there midwife said I was supposed to phone as they have a booking procedure... As I was bent over in pain. Next I was told they would be looking for at least 5cm! So I was taken in to be examined and she soon wasn't reprimanding me anymore... I was over 5cm and they took me to delivery suite. Delivery midwife was lovely, had gas and air and then diamorphine injection. I asked for epidural and they wanted to check my bloods first by the time they did that, they had another look and It was too late they could see her head. It took a while to get her out as she came out like superman with her hand up. So at 2.45am Charley Isla was Born on 6th July (3 days early). We are just so delighted. Charley was the result of our third IUI treatment after many years of trying... So to any ladies out there still trying, hang on in there miracles do happen.

congrats on little Charley! A beautiful birth story and you must be so pleased to finally get your much wanted bub! :hugs:

Ahh such a lovely story, I am pleased that your long journey has resulted in the birth of Charley. Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->