Charlie for a girl?

MrsT&Ben

Reaction score
We don't know what we are having but I adore the name Charlie for either a boy or a girl. Opinions??

We had the name Eleanor picked out for a girl when Ben (Benjamin) was born but I'm not sure I like it anymore :/

Charlie is cute for a girl, too! I have a friend named Charlotte who goes by Charlie as a nickname :)

(PS, I adore the name Eleanor!)

Ashley used to be a boys name. So if you like it either way I don't see why you shouldn't consider it.

The only thing though is it would be a shame if Charlie becomes so trendy for girls it will no longer be a good boy name. It's very cool on a boy.

I have a girl cousin called Charlie and a friend called Charlotte who goes by "Charlie" I think it's really cute and suits them both really well. I don't think it seems odd for it to be a girl's name as I think the "ie" sound at the end of a name sounds quite feminine anyway (although I might be biased as I have a girl called Frankie :blush:). Having said that, I also like it as a boy's name - just as Charlie though, I'm not a fan of the name Charles personally. x

I love Charlie for a girl!!! Super cute!

Ashley used to be a boys name. So if you like it either way I don't see why you shouldn't consider it.

The only thing though is it would be a shame if Charlie becomes so trendy for girls it will no longer be a good boy name. It's very cool on a boy.

Ashley still is a boys name :wacko: why do people have so much trouble with this concept

the name is unisex, the spelling is not

Ashley = masculine
Ashleigh = feminine

people using them the wrong way (which does happen, my ex had the feminine spelling and got bullied horrifically) doesn't suddenly make them the opposite meaning

I think its a nickname for either sex... I would use a full name on the birth certificate but as an everyday name I think its fine for a girl, lots of Charlotte's go by charlie

way too popular and just not my taste personally, but I see nothing wrong with it for a girl or boy. I agree to use the full name on the birth certificate and go with nn Charlie, but it's up to you.

I actually think Ben goes better with Eleanor (nn Ellie/Norah)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->