Charlie Horse in Calves...

Virginia

Mommy & WTT #2!
Reaction score
Okay...so before I was pregnant, I'd occasional get a BAD Charlie Horse in either of my calves...it once happened while I was sleeping and woke me up in pain for almost a full minute (it was horrid)....now this usually would happen if I "squeeze" or flex my calf muscles...

So...for the past couple weeks, my legs have been on the verge of getting a Charlie Horse...I can just "feel it" and I know if I were to flex my calf muscles, it would happen immediately...I am terrified of it happening when I'm sleeping again because not only is the pain horrible, but it leaves my leg sore for days after...Does anyone else have this happen? What can I do to make it go away?? I drink a lot of fluids a day (usually water)...at least more than 32 ounces a day (usually I hit the 64 ounces)...Help!

I'm guessing you mean cramp? I haven't heard it called that before! I used to get this a lot when I was cheerleading, it's a build up of lactic acid.

Supposedly you need more salt in your diet...that will help. Also, when I feel cramp coming on I stretch out my leg before it can 'get me', I know it sucks though!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

i've had a bit of this too, lol at charlie's horse, i love that expression!!
i thought it was lack of iron? not sure really but it's a pain in the arse either way, maybe a good all round vitamin will help?

I was thinking the same as Sugarwag, cramp is caused by a lack of salt - maybe all the water you drink is diluting it too much?

Its a lack of oxygen getting to your muscles, all you can do it take some deep breaths and move your leg to incourage better circulation.

Charlie Horse must be an American expression...lol...yeah, it's that severe sudden cramp that makes you lose all control of the muscle...and it last anywhere from a couple seconds, to a couple minutes.

I'll try all these tips...It never occurred to me I that I might not be getting enough salt...hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->