Charlie James arrived on 18th May 38+5 x

bumblebeetle

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
38W 5D.
Wednesday 18th May arrived and I was feeling good, really energetic, did some cleaning and then invited my friend round for the afternoon, she told me she was determined to get the baby out....!
She brought me a box of Raspberry Leaf Tea as I hadn't tried any and made me a huge cup, this was at about 2pm, I then had another at 4pm. OH came home from work at 5.30pm and we decided we would try a curry, so I ordered a very hot Chicken Madras and worked my way through it, I then had another cup of RLT at about 8pm.
Decided to go to bed at around 10.30pm, I then woke up at about 2.30am and could feel some achey pains in my lower back, I got a bit excited and went to the toilet. A bit of my pinky plug was there when i wiped, went back into the bedroom and sat on the bed to tell OH what I'd found, then I had to rush back to the toilet as i thought I was weeing myself-I wasn't, it was my waters slowly trickling, they were pink in colour. I told OH to go back to sleep and I would go downstairs, I went down and got my birthball out, put "Don't Tell The Bride" on BBC IPlayer and started bouncing. After about 15 minutes I could feel the pains starting, very mild and my belly kept tightening. I decided to time them and they were lasting for 30 seconds and coming between every 8-10 minutes. I carried on like this for an hour. At 4am I decided to phone my Mum with the good news, as my son's labour was only 5hours and I didn't want her to miss out. I went outside and walked up and down the drive, the sun was just coming through and I could hear the Dawn Chorus, I smiled to myself as I was so relaxed and I knew I was going to meet my beautiful baby boy very soon. My mum arrived at about 4.25am, I decided to have a dabble on Online Bingo...I didn't win! hehe.
By 5am the pains were rather strong but I was still so calm, I leaned over the sofa and breathed through each one, My mum decided I should have a bath, so I put in some Lavender Bubble bath and got in. The contractions started coming every 3-4 minutes and were getting more intense, they were lasting about 50 seconds. I then had some paracetamol and got out. I text my student midwife friend at 6.15am to let her know the good news, she phoned me and throughout our conversation i had about 4 contractions which were pretty painful, Mum decided to phone the hospital. I had planned to deliver in the Midwife Led Unit and have a water birth - the department was shut! She tried Delivery Suite-this didn't open until 8am!
The pains were extremely painful by this point but coming ever 2minutes and only lasting 30seconds, I got rather disheartened as they seemed to have got so irregular, we decided to go upto the hospital. I sat in the car and we set off - OUCH! I felt every bump in the road, but only had 2 contractions on the 10 minute trip. We got to hospital at 7.19am and because delivery was shut I had to go on to a ward! Luckily I was the only one there. I laid on the bed and had my examination - I was 5cm!!! Yipeeeeeee! But that my waters were still intact. I then had to wait 40 minutes with no pain relief until they got me a room sorted.
A midwife came to tell me that my room was ready and we set off, I had the choice of taking the lift, or being brave and taking 3 flights of stairs, I thought what the hell lets take the stairs! OH MY GOD! I had to stop on each floor with the most painful intense pains ever, but the midwife said I was very good for choosing the stairs. I got into my room and she set up the gas and air-it didn't really take the edge off but as they were going off I felt the benefit-and it was bliss!
At about 8.20am I laid on the bed, and I was concentrating on my breathing and trying to text my friend with an update, my mum thought this was quite funny!
At around 8.45am my body started pushing, My Mum and OH were talking me through it and telling me to breathe and not push - easier said then done I managed to say!!
Meanwhile the midwife was filling in my notes, she had hardly spoken a word to me in the 45minutes I was in the room. The pushing feeling continued and I tried my hardest to go against it but this baby boy wasn't staying in there much longer. she told me there was no need to examine me again as by the sound of me it wouldn't be much longer. She turned round 5 minutes later and quickly got her apron on and put some pads under my bum and said "Right, start pushing."
So I did, my OH was amazing and he kept me so focused, his head then crowned and I have never felt pain like it, I even asked them to pour water on it and the midwife looked mortified - silly gas and air!!
My OH started crying and said I had to push with all my life and quickly, I looked at the clock, it said 9.15am, I pushed and pushed and pushed and My beautiful baby son Charlie James Dean entered the world 4 minutes later at 9.19am on Thursday 19th May 2011 weighing a whopping 8lb 15oz and a tiny 50cm long. He was BRIGHT blue. The cord had been wrapped tightly round his neck twice, and he wasn't crying. I wasn't really with it and didn't quite understand what was happening. The midwife rushed him over to the other side of the room and put the oxygen mask on him, she was just about to call for more help when suddenly he let out a big cry. My little boy was OK :)

We had to stay in hospital over night to monitor his colour and he wasn't feeding as he was so full of mucous from rapid delivery but we were discharged at 3.20pm on Fri afternoon. He is now a beautiful healthy little boy and I'm totally besotted. xxx

Thank you for reading x :) x

Agh congratulations a lovely story thank you for sharing! x

think I may be buying RLT nearer the time :)
wow congratulations!!

oh and great name! Charlie James was top of my name list until my friend gave birth to a "Charlie" last week
Enjoy life as a mummy
xxxx

Omg i remember when you got your BFP!! Aww congratulations :D

What a lovely birth story, you did so well! I bet that cry felt like the best sound in the world. Congratulations! xxx

Congratatulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->