charlies poorly AGAIN :( UPDATED..home from hospital

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
My poor little boy hes poorly again but this time its worse than its ever been! :cry: we took him to the DR a week ago and she said he has a cheast infection gave him antibiotics and said he should get better withing 2days but to keep giving him them for the full week well a week later and hes worse than he started :( hes coughing loads hes weezing/ Finding it hard to breath, every time he eats he throws up so we took him to the out of hours DR today she gave him an Inhaler, Steriods and another week of antibiotics she said not to give him anyfood other than his bottles to prevent him from becoming dehirated but im really worryed about only giving him milk because hes lost soooooo much weight as it is :( hes been poorly for the last 4 weeks and hes just getting worse i dont know what too do i cant sleep for worrying and checking on him all the time! pffftttt im so tierrrddddddd hes really struggling to breath so natually im up all night making sure hes ok! And why isnt he getting any better!!!

oh yeah they also said if he gets any worse they'll admit him to hospital :( just as iv gone back to work as well i feel like poooo

UPDATE: Hey well as per amys update charlie did stop breathing for a few moments and i bloody crapped my self he was struggling so much my poor little man hes had a close eye on him at the hospital all night, hes got Viral bronchitis and they think hes probably starting to suffer from ashma i feel awful like its my fault!! he did stop a few times in the hospital but nothing serious he just coughs and starts his breathing again there not worryed about that hes just got to carry on with his inhaler they've told me not to give him anymore anitbiotics because with it beeing viral they said he sounds like hes getting over a bactirial infection n hes just gone from one illness to another which is why hes not getting any better, if he seems to be struggling with his breathing i have to give him 5 puffs of the inhaler as and when he needs it, if it gets really bad again take him straight in, im glad to be home im knackerd! anyway sorry if that didnt make any sence i havnt slept im gunna go get a few hours while grannys here :) x

Oh poor thing. That sounds so horrid for both of you. I hope he starts to make an improvement soon x x:hug:

Oh hun sounds awful. :hugs:

Can you not take parental leave from work to take care of him

x

i dunno i only went back lastweek sounds a bit cheeky!!

oh, I hope he's feeling better soon. xx

oh no, :hugs: so hope he feels better soon :hug: maddi has had very similar and has been poorly since new year really, just getting better. the doc gave her an inhaler to help her breathe, so might be something to consider. also to get fluids into her we cut her formula intake but kept the water intake, not sure if your breastfeeding honey but something to think about, or even cooled boiled water. do hope he feels better soon :hugs: x x x

awww noo poorly charlie boy! Get well soon baby boy xx

Tbh hun I wouldn't be happy with the dr's advice. If the little man is struggling to breathe the inhaler will do squat :( He probably needs nebulised, very regularly at that and to get his sats checked. He may even need a little oxygen. 4 weeks for a 6 month old is about 3 weeks too much. I hate these dr's who just hand anti-b's out like sweets, personally if it were my son hun I'd want him xrayed and nebulised and his sats regularly checked. :hugs:

What is his colour like?

yeah...he is yellow thanks AMY :p but hes got naturally quite olive skin so when hes "pale" he looks like a simpson! im so worryed about him hes alseep next too me right now and hes not doing the INNNNN..... OUUUTTTT breathing you nomaly do in ur sleep its IN IN OUT IN IN OUT, i cant go to sleep because he keeps holding his breath im shitting my self!!

i cant i feel like a drama queeeennn twice in what 9 days?

Yep take him its not worth the risk x

He is yellow... poor boyy

:nope: He needs checked out further, poor little charlie :(

I think if you called nhs direct they may tell you to take him to hospital and I'd agree with them. Please also keep an eye on his nail beds, its a funny thing to suggest but a very accurate way to check oxygen levels.

yeah...he is yellow thanks AMY :p but hes got naturally quite olive skin so when hes "pale" he looks like a simpson! im so worryed about him hes alseep next too me right now and hes not doing the INNNNN..... OUUUTTTT breathing you nomaly do in ur sleep its IN IN OUT IN IN OUT, i cant go to sleep because he keeps holding his breath im shitting my self!!

Hun please get Charlie checked out tonight, and at the very least ring nhs direct but personally I'd go to a&e

The wee man sounds as if he is struggling hunny:hugs: Don't be scared hun, hospital may well be the best place at the minute.

\you know what I think i'd be taking another trip to A&E aswell Zara. Best to be safe than sorry. Besides its their job to make sure he is checked every time no matter how many times you go in. Ins what they are paid to do & have a duty of care.

I'd go hun. Honestly

x

altho i feel reallly bad for not taking him right now i think im just gunna wait untill the morning he seems ok but obv poorly im not planing on going to sleep or leaving him anytime soon so i fuiger if i just watch him all night that way if he gets any worse i can take him straight to hospital, plus hes fast asleep nice and warm and what not, My OH isnt here so i have no car to take him in and altho the hospital is litraly 5 mins away i dont facncy taking him out in the cold/dark at this time of night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->