• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Charlote Rosa Marie

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
So...just a warning..this might be considered a 'horror' birth story!
Went into labor on Sunday the 8th, all back labor. Went to hospital when contractions were 3 minutes apart, 10pm. Could barely stand them. Was dilated to 4cm so they admitted me. I was begging for drugs, lol, so I got a spinal, which didn't end up taking. I got about an hour of relief from it. The doc broke my water at 2am. After the spinal wore off I was REALLY hurting, begging everyone to make it stop hurting, crying, the whole nine yards. A new anesthesiologist came on and gave me an epidural and it worked for about an hour as well, then wore off too, they tried giving me boluses of it, but it didn't really work. They gave me stadol (narcotics), but Ijust felt drunk and in pain. My shoulders were spasming from the bed I was on and the positions they had me in. I started pushing at 930am, when I got to 10cm. At 1pm the doc was starting to consider a C-section, luckily the hospital's AC was broken so the OR's were too humid to safely operate in, so I got more time to work her down. :blush: I had fans, wet washcloths, everything on me, and I was naked. Finally I got her low enough that the doc decided to use the vacuum and 'POP', she was out at 5:02pm. Yes, that was 8 hours of pushing almost...with no pain meds that worked! There was muconium, so they intubated her and sucked out her lungs, didn't get to see her for about 20 minutes, DH said she was BLUE. After she came out I had the worst (and still have it) headache of my life. They tried IV drugs, pills, everything, but I begged to leave. They gave me an IV this afternoon and tried to get me to stay, but I wasn't having it. I think it'll go away more easily here at home. Charlotte is absolutely perfect. Thank you all so much for all the support throughout! W/O further ado.... Charlotte Rosa Marie June 9, 2008 5:02pm, 20" 7lbs 12oz.
https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/IMG_2592.jpg
https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/IMG_2588.jpg
https://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/pyxie_rose/IMG_2587.jpg

she is perfect:) take care of yourself and rest :)

She is so cute! I just want to pinch her butt cheeks - haha.
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congratulations hunni!!!!

She is absolutley stunning!! N that little cute baby bum lol!! Love it!!

xxxx

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Try and rest and take it easy! :hug:

Does your headache get worse when your sitting up and with bright lights?? I ask because I had the worst headache of my life after the epidural , and was told it was an epidural headache that 1% of women get, took along time to go away. I just had to lay down alot. I think if it doesnt get better for you , you should tell the doc , I didnt know this at the time but they can do other things to help.

OMG she is gorgeous. I applaud you for managing it through that labor! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! :hug:

aww Mandy, she is beautiful. I am so sorry you had a crappy labour, no one deserves so much pain. I bet one look at her takes it all away though.

Awww, congratulations! She's precious! Sorry you had such a rough time and no AC!!! So glad you two are ok. :hug:

:hugs: Congrats Hun!!!!! Hopefully that headache is gone now that you are home and resting. Your little angel is so stunning :)

Congratulations! Lots of hugs to you for enduring and escaping the c-section. She is absolutely gorgeous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->