Charlotte and Charlie ?

monicanwk

Reaction score
I have a little boy Charlie and we are expecting a girl, I really love the name Charlotte, but is it not too similar to Charlie? Is Lottie short of Charlotte ? Please help :)

I believe that Charlotte is actually the feminine form of Charles and while you used Charlie as the full name it is also used as a nn for both. It would be kind of like having a Thomas and a Thomisina or a Harold and a Harriet. My opinion is that they are just too close for siblings.

I agree with pp, Charlotte is too similar to Charlie for my taste. But Lottie is short for Charlotte, so since you went with a nn version for your son, maybe you could just go with Lottie for a first name?

So then they would be Charlie and Lottie, which isn't too similar.

I'd say too similar as Charlie is often a nickname for Charlotte and when she got older she might prefer that nickname for herself but not be able to use it.

I agree that Charlie and Lottie sound good together if you're open to just going with the nickname as the full name.

Another vote against "Charlie and Charlotte" I'm afraid. Charlie and Lottie work I think, although they do still sound like two versions of the same name to me (which they are I guess). Another option might be Lieselotte? Or just look at names with a similar background that are completely different, like Sarah, Alice, Violet...?

Definitely too close imo, I imagine you'd get bored very quickly of all the comments about them having the same name and they would too. I knew a girl whose name was Michaela and she had a brother named Michael (and their mother was named Michelle!!) and it drove. her. insane!

Too similar. Sorry. Maybe use charlotte as MN and then you could still call her Lottie

I'd say they are too similar, for all of the reasons the PP's have suggested. I like the idea of using it as a middle name though.

However, if you like it then you should use it.

I also think they're too similar. I like the idea of using Charlotte as a middle and calling her Lottie.

Similar, but I think it is cool when children have similar names!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->