Charlotte Rose is here..by unexpected c-section

vegasbaby

Reaction score
Now that I have a few moments and she is sleeping in her swing I thought I would share my birth story with you. The duration of this pregnancy has been exciting to say the least. When we found out we were expecting hubby was out of work. By September he was employed and then in November I lost my job. Hubby's new work told him we would be relocated clear across the country (US) when I was 33 weeks and at 35+3 we moved. Thankfully I found a doctor.

So at 36 weeks I saw my new doctor and mentioned that I thought baby's head was up, but she, like my old doctor, said probably not. She ordered an ultrasound for the following week. Well, sure enough baby was breech. In addition to being breech my amniotic fluid level was at 4.99 and turning no longer becomes an option if your level falls below 5.0. With that being said they asked if I was OK with going in for a c-section the following day at noon. I told them that I haven't even had my hospital tour, but if that was what is best.

Due to the low level of fluid they made us go into the hospital Wednesday afternoon (Feb 17) to do a non-stress test. All was fine and we pre-registered for the following day. As I mentioned we had just moved to town so we spent the evening buying what we needed, washing baby clothes, and packing.

Thursday (Feb 18) we checked in. The idea of major surgery scared me since I was hoping for a nice natural birth. When they gave me the epidural I cried and was so nervous they gave me something for my nerves too. That took the edge off and everything from there went smoothly. We chose not to know the sex of our baby until birth so I asked the surgeons if they would let my DH announce. All along I had felt strongly that we were having a boy. Well, I guess I was wrong. I could not believe it when he announced that it was a girl! :cloud9 Charlotte Rose was born at 1:06PM weighing 7lb 2oz and is 19 inches long. Because she was a frank breech her legs were up near her ears so she likes to keep her legs open spread eagle. Not very lady like, but they are straightening out,

After the surgery the doctor came to speak with me and said that my uterus is slightly heart shaped and that it is likely that any baby I have will be breech. So I suppose I will never have a natural birth. While that may be a bit of a letdown, my baby is here and healthy and that is what is most important.

For those who may need a c-section it is not that bad. Try to make sure the nurses keep up with your pain meds because when it wears off, wow that is some pain! The more you move around the better, but try not to overdue it.

Charlotte and I got to come home on Saturday and even though she prefers to sleep during the day, everything is great.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 31
  • P2180056.jpg
    P2180056.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P2210098.jpg
    P2210098.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P2210085.jpg
    P2210085.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 41
she's gorgeous! Congratulations.

Not that it'll be the thing at the fore front of your mind at the moment...but my womb is heart shaped too and Ally was head down (i had a csection in the end too but for different reasons). He was head down at about 26wks weeks, I think that's quite early but i'm not sure. Anyway, maybe you'll have your natural birth one day but for now enjoy your beautiful girl! :)

congratulations what a beautful lill gal and name too (mine is Sharlotte Rose lol)
all the best xx

congrats on your beautiful new daughter!!

ou anna was breech too. i know exactly what you mean with the legs!!!

going by the pics, annas legs were much worse than charlottes - for first 5 days they were constantly stuck way up high - they didnt even move and she didnt stretch them out either - i was quite worried!! suddenly at 6 days old she started stretching them out - so happy. anna actually has really long legs- no wonder they were all squished up in there!!

we are going for a hip scan monday to make sure all is ok.

congrats :flower:

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter! What a lovely name, too! xx

She is beautiful! :cloud9:

My Charlotte was breech, but this one is head down, my womb is heart shaped, so you never know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->