Chart experts!! Click here!!!

Nicole R.

Reaction score
So.. I'm charting with a very odd sleeping schedule.
I have a one year old that does NOT sleep through the night and I am currently trying to sleep train him.. here is how my night goes

11p.m.- go to bed (I would LOVE to be in bed by 8p.m. doesnt happen)
12a.m.- Baby wants to be in my bed. I make him a bottle and he usually falls back asleep in his crib.
2a.m. he is awake again and this time I just get him out the crib, put some water in his bottle and try to go back to sleep..
3:30 a.m.- I have to pee, so I take my temp and write it down for a 3:30 a.m. reading. (Usually take it at 630 but that has been out of the question lately)
5:30- baby wants to wake up, temp again..

I originally started this cycle taking my temps at 630. Next cycle (IF there is a next cycle :winkwink:) I am switching to vaginal readings and we're going to try for a way earlier reading. So I made two different charts, one with the very inconsistent waking patterns, and one chart for the "adjusted" temps. I have found adjusting your temp is very controversial and it's really a personal choice, so I decided to do both and see how it turns out.

On my NON-adjusted chart, my bbt are dipping below the coverline: This could be for inconsistent waking times OR how cold I keep my house (70) I have been having wicked hot flashes this week.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4518f3

On my ADJUSTED chart, my temps look pretty kickass but they're probably not accurate. I based my adjusted temps based off of the .1 or -.1 theory.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/443b25

So my question is this... if I were to base my charting off of the non adjusted chart, does it mean I'm out because my temps keep dipping below coverline? Or I have a progesterone defiency? Or they're just really innacurate due to all my "holes" in research??

Hi! I'm really not sure which temps would be more accurate. I know you are supposed to get the same amount of sleep and temp at the same time...alas I know that is not always possible for those with little ones and those without as well. I've heard it's best to have at least three hours of consistent sleep for a reading as well. I guess neither of those options are possible for you right now. :hugs: However, the amazing thing is you can see a clear shift in your temps which should definitely confirm ovulation time. Some women struggle with seeing the shift if they cannot temp accurately. While this sucks because you may not be able to get an idea from how high/low they are in lp it is good that you have a shift and that both charts give the same ovulation day! If you have to temp for more than one month (I hope not!) then you will be able to see a pattern based on if your temps go up or down on certain days and by the end of the lp which should give you more of an idea as well.

I hope you get your BFP! Good luck! :flower:

Thank you hopeful! You showed much optimism in an ugly chart. lol! The only time I get consistent sleep is between 11-2 which gives me a higher reading, by 5 am its at least .3 degrees lower. I've heard of women who don't chart in their LP because it causes too much stress and worry.. now I understand why! lol Thanks Hopeful for responding, I'm sending baby dust your way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->