Charting for the first time help!!

shortie58

Mummy to Katie
Reaction score
My basal thermometer arrived today so I checked my temp which was 37.16, is this the normal temp? Does it go higher or lower around ov time? Am cycle day 11 and according to my last cycle I am due to test for ov next sun 9th, and have opk at home to use

Any help great fully appreciated thanks xxx

Everyone has different temps. Up until my MC I had high temps, 36.5-37 before O, and 37.4-ish after ovulation.
This cycle I had quite low temps (you can see my chart in my sig.)
Basically, your temps are supposed to dip before ovulation, and then after they rise- means the egg has already been released, and the TWW begins.
If you did ovulate, your temps are supposed to stay high until AF arrives, or doesn't.
Sometimes, when implantation occurs women will see a dip in their temps, and it will rise afterwards.
If you didn't ovulate, you will see dips and rises and a very rocky chart.
You can check out charts in FF- https://www.fertilityfriend.com/cg/
You can compare between ovulatory, anovulatory, pregnant and other types of charts.
HTH!

Hi Hun, did you take your temp as soon as you woke up? That's the correct time to temp. Your supposed to have at least 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep for it to be accurate. There are a few good sites for doing bbt. I recommend either fertility friend or ovufriend. It will explain more on charting on their site x

Make sure you temp at the same time every day, or at least make sure you temp after at least 3-4hrs of sleep. Take your temp IN BED before you get up, before you go to the bathroom, before taking a drink, before you even move, basically. Use an app or website like Fertility Friend to plug in your temps & it'll keep track for you.

Before ovulation, your temps will generally be lower. When you've ovulated, your temp will spike by at least .4 degrees & will stay elevated. Ovulation can be confirmed on the 3rd day of elevated temps. Ovulation will bave occurred on the day before your temp spiked!

Good luck!!

Thanks ladies no I didn't take it first thing this morning as it didn't arrive until later but did have an idea you are supposed to do it when you first waken up x

Just took my temp after being in bed for 14 hours lol and before moving and it was 36.6 that's better :thumbup:

It's meant to be first thing in the morning, roughly the same time as well i believe.

How do you go on if your sleep pattern is awire? My alarm is set for 7am but recently i been getting up a bit earlier because of the sun rising. (4:30 to 6:30)

Hey guys.... I'm new to temping myself and pretty confused about my chart this month. Can anyone help me with instructions how to post my cycle chart so you all can take a look....thanks!!!!!!!

Are you using Fertility Friend? There should be a link that says "share/email chart" or something about sharing your chart that you can click on & get the URL to show us!

Ive only been charting for 3 months, and this months chart my temp is dropping 6,7, and 8 dpo....still above coverline though. Its just weird because the previous two month before this I didnt have temp drops so soon after O. Im confused now thinking maybe i didnt even O :(

Ladies I was sick last night and feeling hot and cold and have forgotten to chart this morning :wacko:, my routine is about to change as I start night shift tonight so the times of charting will change, can this effect things??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->