Charting Mystery: Positive OPK at CD 7?!

KG706

Reaction score
So I've been charting with Ova Ova for a while now and am doing my best to get a good handle on my cycles (partly in preparing for TTC in the future*). In the last year, I've had 26-29 day cycles, with my last cycle being 30 days for the first time.. (OH and I had thought we were about to see our first BFP!) But anyway, AF eventually showed up... Although late.. She definitely came with vengeance.. :dohh:

Anyway, I am CD 12 today and this is my first cycle experimenting with Dollar Tree OPK's in addition to temping and checking CM and CP... This cycle is completely wacky so far, and I just wanted to share what's going on to see if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing? By the way, my temp at CD 6 was 97.1, but CD 7 through CD 12 has been 97.3 each day..

-CD 1 through CD 5 was AF...
-CD 6, no CM and very firm and closed cervix... Okay.. Normal...
-CD 7 comes around with Eggwhite CM (sorry for tmi!) and a positive OPK(?!)
-CD 8 comes around and I have no CM, a low/firm cervix and do an OPK in the late afternoon and it's negative....
-CD 9 comes around with little to no CM and a low and firm cervix again...
-CD 10, CD 11, and today (CD 12) I've had Eggwhite CM, a softer/higher cervix and did an OPK yesterday and got a faint positive...

What is going on??!?!!? I did read online that some women will ovulate twice in a month, which I didn't know... Could this be the case? Seems my cycles are becoming more strange as time goes on.. Blah... It's like they know I'm trying to keep track of them and they're trying to rebel, LOL. Any insight???

Was your opk positive or almost positive? I think cd 7 is to early to get a positive opk. Just keep testing hopefully you'll get your real positive soon x

On CD 7, the OPK had a positive line just about as dark as the control line... I definitely think CD 7 is way too early for me to ovulate compared to when I usually do... My friend said to re-test with an FRER again, just in case it's pregnancy causing the positive OPK?? I have some research to do to educate myself a bit more with these strange readings, ha...

On CD 7, the OPK had a positive line just about as dark as the control line... I definitely think CD 7 is way too early for me to ovulate compared to when I usually do... My friend said to re-test with an FRER again, just in case it's pregnancy causing the positive OPK?? I have some research to do to educate myself a bit more with these strange readings, ha...

Hey hun. you are not really suppose to use opk until 3 days after af is gone , So in ur case from cd8 or else u will get a false positive. So i would say ditch the cd 7 positive and if u can, buy digi opk just to confirm. do u temp? That can also help u confirm as well. Hope that helps. Good luck

I didnt know that dreambaby although i never test that early but thanks for the info x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->