Charting ovulation ..... PLEASE HELP

Squarepants

Reaction score
Hi guys

First off YAY!!!! This is finally open. My partner and I are getting married in November and plan to start TTC straight away, but I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I have always been irregular and my doctor has told me to start charting my ovulation now... And that is all well and good except I havent seen AF for atleast 6 months.......

I don't know how the whole charting thing works... I thought it would be a lot easier than having to chart as everyone in my family has fallen pregnant quite easily. After talking to ladies with PCOS I would like to try sort it out straight away.

I have had a blood test and ultra sound and have a gynecologist appointment soonish but am stressing as I dont know how to chart my cycles???

Please help!!!

Hi Squarepants,

I would suggest you chart using fertilityfriend.com or using the tracker available at tcoyf.com. I'd recommend taking charge of your fertility. It's an easy read and there's even example charts. To chart you need to take your temp either orally or vaginally when you wake up and at the same time everyday.

You can see when you ov as your temp will Inc by approx .4 degrees and will stay high unless your af arrives.

I too have pcos and rarely ovulate. Feel free to take a look at my chart. You'll see I get positive opks but do not ov as my temps stay low. Some women get their af regularly and don't ov. If I do not ov I won't get my af.

I hope this helps x

Hi carhar

Thanks heaps that is more info than my doc gave me!! They sorta sent me away until we are actually actively trying!!

Thanks again :)

So happy this is finally open too! :happydance: I also have PCOS and have mainly anovulatory cycles (some cycles did last up to 6 months :growlmad:). I started really temping and charting halfway through the cycle before last (so this would be my 3rd cycle charting). Just like Carhar said, if you are going to buy any TTC book, then I definitely recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility (flip through it at a bookstore if you want before you buy it - and if you want it you can most likely find it on amazon for less than the bookstore). I am kicking myself now that I didn't buy it when I first heard about it. A lot of great info! :thumbup:

Anyhow, without purchasing the book - the most important things to chart are temps and CM. Track your temps like Carhar said, and track your CM by either checking your tp (you'll feel it when you wipe - it'll be slippery/slimy) or by checking internally. As soon as you start getting wet/watery/slippery CM, it's fertile. The most fertile CM looks like raw egg whites or clear snot (sounds gross, but :spermy: thrive in it).

With temps, some people will see a dip in their temps on the morning they O and some won't. The day after, temps will spike (like Carhar said at least .4 degrees). Once you've had 3 consecutive days of elevated temps, you can confirm O as the day before the temp spike. If your temps stay elevated for 18+ days, you may be preggo (so :test:). The increase in temps is from the production of progesterone. Also, if your luteal phase (LP) is shorter than 10 days, you may not produce enough progesterone (something you can show your dr after a few months). Hope this helps you (and it's great you're starting before you actual start trying). :flower:

Hey stash

Wow thanks that info is great. I think I'll start keeping a close eye on my temps. Are u taking any form of medication like chlomid or metformin? My doc has said to try look at my ovulation cycles before thinking of going further just to see where they are at and how long my cycles are. how long haven't been TTC if u don't mind me asking. I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS and I have heard different TTC periods from a few people and i know can't base wat mine will be but i just trying to find out as much as I can.

Thanks again :)

I was supposed to start clomid the cycle before last, but they found a huge cyst on my left ovary so it was canceled. Now just waiting for it to go away, but in the mean time, I've been using soy iso (CD5-9 this cycle) and waiting to O. We're on month 16 of tcc, but just know that we're gonna get that BFP soon. :) If you would like some help with charting or just looking at your charts let me know, I'll be happy to help. :flower: BTW - fertility friend is a great site that helps with charting.

Thanks for that. Because I haven't ovulated for quite some time I'm a little worried that I don't know wen CD1 is?? This is all a little new. I hope u get ur BFP really soon!!! How have u found soy iso? I haven't done alot of research into that? Thanks for the website it's great gives u a lot to read. I downloaded an app for my iPhone for charting aswell :)

CD1 is the first day of your period. So you'll definitely know it when it shows! :)

I like the soy, haven't had any side effects from it - though I take it right before bed. And I got two pos OPKs already today, which means I should O very soon (within the next day or so) as well as another shortish cycle. :happydance: So, I say it's working quite well for me. :)

Wow :)

I hope it results in a BFP For you

Fingers crossed

And lots of baby dust

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member