Charting & temping question...

iwa

Reaction score
I rarely wake up at the same time every day. I work at night and usually wake up between noon and 3:00PM.

Is it futile for me to try temping if I don't plan on setting an alarm to wake up at a certain time?

Its best to temp at the same time each day.
im not an expert so hopefully someone else will offer advice

thanks. i hope it isn't too bad to take it within an hour of that time, because i really don't plan on centering my sleeping schedule around temping ;[

Hi there,

I know you are SUPPOSED to take temp at same time - I don't and still get the results I want. There are some fluctuations but I usually see patterns - ie when they dip and when they rise etc.

During the week I temp between 6am and 7am, on the weekend I temp at 9am. I find this works for me - I know everyone is different, and I think the more important thing is that it the VERY first thing you do - don't get up, move too much, certainly don't go to the bathroom etc. I don't talk or anything, simply roll over and the thermometer is on the nightstand. I can log everything on my iphone next to the bed too. Even if I roll over and go back to sleep again.

As long as you've had a period of 3hours + sleeping, so it has chance to drop to your basal (base) temperature. So it's no good after a nap for instance....

I might just be lucky, but this works for me... good luck x

I think you are right Melanie! This worked for me, too!! I just try to follow the number of hours I should rest/sleep and also try not to do any movements before taking my temp, but sometimes I take my temp at different time and I'm still able to get the O pattern (I check it with my Dr and ovufriend).

Agree with clara and Melanie. As long as you've had the 3+ hours sleep you should be good. That's what did. And when I work I temp between 12-1 and when I'm off 7-8

Thanks ladies :))) I feel better now :p

Just chart after your longest stretch of sleep each day and use a program like fertility friend, you will still see a change in your temps.. But make sure ur sleeping solid for more than three hours.

I never chart the same time every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"