cheap OPK - easy to read?

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, so my apologies if this has been beaten to death already...

What is a good OPK brand (I'm in the US) if I don't want to spend a lot of money? I've heard it's easier to use kits that give a definite yes or no result, rather than one where you compare how dark a line is to a control line, but I've never used OPKs before, so I have no idea. Any recommendations? I figured I'd buy them online, since the ones in the drugstore seem to be expensive, but maybe the more expensive ones are worth it? My cycle length varies a little, so I don't really want to buy expensive tests if I'm going to have to use them pretty often, though.

Wait for someone else to respond who has experience POAS as I am completely new to this fertility tracking, but I'll let you know what I'm doing.

I'm also in the US and I do most of my shopping at Amazon.com as their prices are lower than any others I've seen.
I bought a box of WONDFO test strips for fairly cheap that includes 50 ovulation test strips and 20 pregnancy test strips for around $20.
Because I don't want to spend too much frustration interpreting the results, I also bought a box of 20 ClearBlue digital ovulation tests to use when I'm questioning the results for around $35.
I was going to rely solely on the ClearBlue ones but since I don't know how long my natural cycle will be when I come off bc, I didn't want to use too many of those because of the cost. I figure if I see a line that looks like it could be a positive on the WONDFOs, I'll use the ClearBlues to confirm.

Also, pregnancy tests are also cheaper on Amazon so I got a box of those for when the time comes:)

OP- I use the clearblue digital and although they are expensive there is no interpretation required, you either get a smiley face when your body is getting ready to O or you don't. I get mine through amazon and they are cheaper than the high street.

Lovetocruise - I think I'm right in saying the the CB stores your last reading as your level rises so I'm not sure if you can use them to confirm a line on the ICs unless you've been using them every day too iykwim? You need to use them at the same time each day to make sure you don't miss your O.

Stay away from ClinicalGuard! Super cheap, but also super junk :(

I'm also in the US and I do most of my shopping at Amazon.com as their prices are lower than any others I've seen.
I bought a box of WONDFO test strips for fairly cheap that includes 50 ovulation test strips and 20 pregnancy test strips for around $20.

Thanks! I have seen the Wondfo brand on Amazon. They don't look too expensive, maybe I'll give them a shot.

Has anyone else used them? Do they work ok?

OP- I use the clearblue digital and although they are expensive there is no interpretation required, you either get a smiley face when your body is getting ready to O or you don't. I get mine through amazon and they are cheaper than the high street.

Thanks, these look like what I want, but are a bit pricier than I'd like. If I can't find cheaper ones that work for me, I'll definitely try them, though!

Walgreens also has generic opk's and they are bad you get like 30 for $10 or something like that. It's been alittle while since I used them but I did use them with DD

Stay away from ClinicalGuard! Super cheap, but also super junk :(

Oh, rats! The price on those looked good! Did they not work?

I only ever got a control line and nothing else, even though my temping/cm checking verified that I O'd. They have pretty mixed reviews on Amazon, so it seems to be a crap shoot whether you get good or bad ones.

I'll second the Wondfos, they've worked great for me thus far :)

Just ordered some Wondfos online, hopefully I can figure them out! If they don't work for me I will try one of the others mentioned here. Thanks, ladies!

My cycle just started today, I considered doing the same, and conducting a little side-by-side experiment with the ClinicalGuard ones I have :)

I use the Wondfos and have never had an issue with them. Make sure you go through the directions when you get them and then it should be fairly stratightforward. And...if you every are unsure of a test...(1) test with a second one cuz they're so cheap :haha: and (2) rest assured that when it's positive...you'll know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->