cheap shampoo/conditioner for oily hair

Inge

Leo and Jamie
Reaction score
I have really oily greasy hair since having the implant fitted :wacko: If I use conditioner I only use it on the very ends of my hair so none gets in my roots and weighs it down. I wash it every 2 days so wash Monday night then Wednesday night and so on. By tuesday midday/evening I have to have it tied back til next wash cos its irritating me with the greasy feeling. I have an itchy scalp too which gets dry but the lengths and roots get greasy quickly. Im looking for a shampoo that wont cost lots and is going to cleanse my hair and leave it fresh til next wash. Dry shampoos dont work on me so thats not an option :haha:

My hair gets very greasy i wash miss a day wash same as you. I cant use condition more than once a week or it gets greasy after 1day but without doing it once it gets straw like

Anyways i use morrisons own brand stuff (jojoba1) not the value stuff 1 up its something like 70p for 700ml bottle but its really good :thumbup: I have a thing if i leave my hair greasy to long it gets real itchy but it doesnt with this stuff

EDIT - i also use implant (and the pill) but i dont think it effects my hair - it might though :shrug:

thanks for the recommendations - shampoos with tea tree or Lemon/apple scents are usually for oily hair arent they? Theres not a morrisons near but there is a sainsburys,asda and tesco so any of their own brands good?

I use sainsburys tea tree shampoo and conditioner i only use conditioner every other wash though. I manage to get two days of non-greasy hair with other stuff by the end of day one ot is starting to get greasy. Also its super cheap like 97p a bottle :)

faun - il have a look when im in need of shampoo next :thumbup:

I use tescos own brand conditioner on mine sometimes, cant notice a diff really just dont put conditioner on roots x

I use tresemme, big bottles and there's normally an offer on. I get greasy hair as well.

Do you rotate your shampoo and conditioner? I have a few on the go at once as I found that if I use the same one every time, it stops cleaning my hair as nicely and it feels as though it needs washing within hours of me washing it?

I always get a cheap one in too as I find that if my hair is really greasy, it drys it out a bit :shrug:

Do you rotate your shampoo and conditioner? I have a few on the go at once as I found that if I use the same one every time, it stops cleaning my hair as nicely and it feels as though it needs washing within hours of me washing it?

I always get a cheap one in too as I find that if my hair is really greasy, it drys it out a bit :shrug:

^Exactly this, I rotate between H&S classic clean, the H&S for dry scalp (that one with conditioner), asda baby shampoo (!) and the waitrose essentials shampoo and conditioner xx

I try to rotate the brands. Doesnt do much difference usually.
Iv got the Lee staffords hair that never grows shampoo/conditioner and a Dove classic care one. Might try tresseme, Iv used it before though and as my scalp is quite sensitive it really made my scalp itch :shrug: Iv seen they have a naturals (I think) range so might try one of those.

herbal essences fresh balance is really good on my hair :thumbup: its a clarifying shampoo so it works really well!! i try to alternate aswell. i find washing my hair in the morning works better aswell, if i wash on a monday night it feels horrible by tuesday night, so i would have to wash it on a wednesday morning but if i wash on the tuesday morning instead its not too bad on the wednesday :D i find having a good chop every now and then works wonders aswell xx

i switch mine about too. i have combo hair so need to condition well :(

i use aussie miracle moist, redken body full, HE fresh balance, paul mitchell for blonde hair and tresemme n the green and black bottle lol

i wash every 2nd day but its up and dry shampooed on day 2.

Today I used aussie miracle moist and tresseme conditioner and its gone nice n soft x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->