cheaper working option to Bio-Oil?

ShanBearr_19

Reaction score
Well since finding out about being pregnant
ive sworn by bio-oil because i was worried about stretch marks
Ive ran out and didnt realise how expensive it was because i already had some i was given a while ago from a friend.
i was just wondering if you girls have any cheaper options to use thats going to continue to work for me because so far so good in the stretch mark department :flower:

i dont really know, i havent been using anything and i've only got a few stretch marks on my hips... everyone been telling me palmers coco butter... i refuse use it though i used their fake tan once and ugh the smell made me gag

I use an old school recipe. It is worth it to make your own so much cheaper in the long run.

When i was pregnant, i used palmers and i dont have one strechmark on my stomach

Hey, I got mine off amazon for about a third of the price, have a little nosy:o)

Gok Wan did a test and Palmers cocoa butter came out above bio oil :thumbup:
I dony have any stretch marks on my tum xx

I think palmers is good cocoa butter/Shea butter they have one for stretch marks called tummy butter by palmers also but honestly it doesn't matter what type of oil ,butter, or moisturizer you use . Stretch marks are genetic you cant really stop them if you are to get them .

Thankfully i don't have any on my tummy yet but i don't wanna talk to fast they can appear any time but doesn't run in my family genes from my grandma aunts and mom so on . But i do have three tiny faint stretch marks on each side of my hips/booty lol i cried .

I use baby oil gel as soon as i get outta the shower and whatever moisturizer i have nearest at the time weather its a body shop body butter, palmers or the aqueaous cream they tell you to get for eczema

I have palmers cocoa butter but didnt help, i still got stretch marks

I never used anything until I started to get stretch marks around 8 months but now I use coco butter doesn't work one bit If ur suppost to get them then u will regardless what u use

I know boots do their own version of bio oil, dunno if it works though, iv used everything and nothings stopped me getting strechies :/

All the creams you can get help keep you skin moisturizered,

But You get stretch marks due to the elasticy of your skin,
If you haven't got very stretchy skin then you more than likely to get stretch marks.

I didn't have one stretch mark through my pregnancy,But once LO was born and my stomach deflated abit they appeared.

The best thing i used to help reduced the strech marks was cocoa butter and johnsons baby oil.
It didn't stop me getting them But reduced the colour and they faded very quickly:)

xx

I used Palmers and Rescue oil, I didn't get any on my belly but have some on my hips. Apparently drinking watrer is one of the best things you can do to prevent stretchmarks. x

You can use ANY oil or moisturiser, if you use it from the beginning of yur pregnancy before you are even showing, right the way through til after your baby is born, and hope that you avoid as many stretchies as possible (no oil is a guarentee to help, you are gonna get pretty big still, but its worth doing to see how many you can avoid)

Obviously oils and creams with elastin and collagen are better, but its not all about the product you use...

The massaging it in brings blood to the surface, helping skin cells renew faster (the faster they renew, the more skin you will have, so your skin wont have to stretch, iykiwm) Also the oil/cream is moisturising which hydrates the skin, giving it more stretch!

I'm qualified in Beauty and Holistics... so take my word for it! :thumbup:

PS. If you do get stretchies, dont worry too much, its not like you will be the only one!! And there will always be someone out there who has worse ones than you!

I have stretch marks and I still wear crop tops and bikinis because I am proud to show the world that I am a mother of two beautfil children, and anyone who is offended by them can f**K off for all I care :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->