Check ups?

kelly6407

Mummy to 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
Hiya ladies, just wondering about preemies and their check ups.

We've had 1 check up and she's 5 months old, it was about a month after she came home. I thought they would get loads, plus I had 1 HV visit.

I was hoping to visit the nicu where she stayed to show them how she's doing while we had a check up but we've had none.

Also who do u all call if u have a question? My HV doesn't know anything about prems

The Neonatal Paediatrician saw Andrew once a month for his first six months at home, then every two months, then every three months up to his second birthday.

Some questions I would save for her; some I would ask the HV; and the rest I would ask on here!!!

Hi

We seen neonatal at the corrected ages of 6 weeks, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 18 months and the last one at 2 years.

I have seen my hv a lot more but mainly to get her weighed as she us small.

We are the same as 25weeker but don't forget you should be able to set up an appointment if u r concerned

Sophie was in the same unit as 25 weeker and Atomic pink's LOs, so she has had the same check ups. We saw the health visitor every week till Sophie was about 4 months corrected, then every 2 weeks then once a month, and now it's just if I want her weighed, I take her to the clinic. Our HV doesn't know the first thing about preemies either, and I've been known to phone our NNU with questions! They've never minded. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->