Checklist?

BigSmooth

Reaction score
I am in search of a checklist of things needed prior to the baby being born. Can someone point me in the right direction? I want to start purchasing as many things as possible now. I would love to be fully prepared even prior to having my wife conceive. Thank you in advance.

Hey
When are you and your wife planning on TTC?

Heres a link to whats needed in a hospital bag:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/100575-pack-your-hospital-bag-suggestions.html

sorry couldnt find like to a post with checklist. Maybe go on mothercare webbie x

I'm not sure tbh cos still waiting to try. You could start with the obvious things though like: cot, buggy/pram, car seat etc.

Hey

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/100575-pack-your-hospital-bag-suggestions.html

sorry couldnt find like to a post with checklist. Maybe go on mothercare webbie x

Thank you, I bookmarked the link.

I'm looking for a list that has pretty much everything that we would need for the baby. A complete list, so I can start calculating costs and what not. I want to have everything paid for way before the first trimester ends.

My wife will TTC sometime this fall/winter. We are thinking December.

Thank you

i find these things the moast useful and things i use the most:

6 vests
6 sleepsuits,
1 snow suit and 1 coat (but check what age your baby will be in the colder months)
2 packs of socks
3 packs of muslin squares
2 packs of bibs
8 bottles with varying teat sizes/flows
nappies (but wait til your baby is born to know what size to get - or get 1 back of new baby and one in the next size up)
nappy sacks
talcompowder
teething gel
calpol
2/3 romper suits (which are like shorts and t-shirts in 1)
a blanket
baby milk (if you are going to bottle feed, but only get 1 pot incase your baby turns out to be alergic)
dummies (if you wish)
wipes (by the bucket load!) - including anti-bacterial wipes
baby monitor
a vibrating chair - i cant stress this enough...its a LIFE saver!!!

thats all the "small" stuff i can think of!

good luck!

Hey

Thank you, I bookmarked the link.

I'm looking for a list that has pretty much everything that we would need for the baby. A complete list, so I can start calculating costs and what not. I want to have everything paid for way before the first trimester ends.

My wife will TTC sometime this fall/winter. We are thinking December.

Thank you

Hey hun

Welcome to WTT :)

I started a spreadsheet a while back so i could start seeing how much money I'd need, so here's my house if it's of use, it was only a start so I am sure I've missed lots off! :

Pushchair
Sling
Cot Bed
Crib
Mattress x 2
Swaddle Robes
Sheets and blankets
Nappy Wrapper
Baby monitor (with thermometer and night light)
Steriliser set (with bottles, dummies, etc)
Muslin squares and bibs
Breast pump
Breast pads
Nursing bras
Bath Thermometer
Baby bath
Towels
Grooming kit (scissors etc)
Changing mat
Changing bag
Baby Book
vests
sleepsuits
socks
scratch mitts
bouncer chair
play gym
first aid kit
Nappies
Wipes
top and tail bowl
Dresser
Nursery border, lamp shade
maternity pads

Bunny thats a fab list hun
Sure many of us will find it useful to look at and see what we will need when having a LO
x

thanks hun!! I put it into a spreadsheet then went onto mothercare and babies r us to get an idea of costs - obviously there's a few things on there you don't have to have, but I was trying to think of everything I'd want :) xx my list came to just under £2k but that was with a £500+ pram and other expensive things - so you'd obviously adjust if you were on a tight budget.

I don't know if we'll be able to afford our £500+ quinny buzz, but I am gonna try!! haha! x

Great list bunnyg82! :thumbup:

In fact I think im going to steal it and start my own spreadsheet :D

I've got a spreadsheet too - although sadly I've already gone over budget on the only thing I've bought so far - preconception vitamins since I'd budgeted for just me but ended up getting the Santogen his and hers... Oh well, let's hope it goes better with the baby side of things!

Thank you so much bunny!!!! I have to look up some of the words because I have no clue what those things are. But I'll use your list as a foundation then add on what the others give me.

I'm in Los Angeles, so I need to figure out what 2000 pounds = in dollars.

Thanks again.

Don't beat yourself up about it Kiwi. Some tings will be more, some things will be less.

I came across this article the other night "The real monetary cost of raising a baby". It's quite useful as someone has estimated the average cost of decorating a nursery, purchases before the birth of the baby and monthly costs of caring for a newborn. However, its in £ and not $!

Google currency converter, there are quite a few good ones out there :D

You can check out babycenter.com. They have some finance articles on there and they also have a cost of raising a child calculator that might be helpful https://www.babycenter.com/cost-of-raising-child-calculator

Here's a blog site exploring baby costs. I thought it was a good discussion and I like how he's trying to figure out ongoing monthly costs as well as the one-time expenses.
https://www.milliondollarjourney.com/reader-comment-newborn-baby-expenses.htm
Remember that you don't have to go out and buy everything brand new. Babies grow out of stuff so fast that lots of items get very little wear and are in excellent condition secondhand. We saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars by looking for good used items.
I would also caution that every baby and every family is different. While one piece of baby gear might be essential for one family, it might barely get used by another. Bouncy chairs, jolly jumpers, bumbos, vibrating swings and all those sorts of things are a case in point. Chances are pretty good that you won't need all of those. If I were you, I would set the money for them aside and wait until baby is born to see what sort of things seem to work best for your situation. You will have the money on hand, so if you think that baby isn't sleeping well and that it seems to conk out really fast in the car, so maybe the vibrating chair is the answer, THEN you can go buy one. A common mistake amongst first-time parents is blowing wads and wads of cash on baby gear that barely gets used. It's natural to want to feel really prepared, but remember that you do have time.
Have fun planning! :)

Hiya

One of the most important items for a baby that everyone seems to forget about is a car seat!! Don't forget you can't leave hospital without one x

Thank you so much bunny!!!! I have to look up some of the words because I have no clue what those things are. But I'll use your list as a foundation then add on what the others give me.

I'm in Los Angeles, so I need to figure out what 2000 pounds = in dollars.

Thanks again.

the exchange rate changes often. I'm in Atlanta, but my fiance is from Windsor, England. I always have to ask him to "translate" things for me :blush:
https://www.dollars2pounds.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->