Checkups during last few weeks

HopeBT

Reaction score
Hiya all,
Just wondering how often everyone is getting checked up after 36 weeks, and what are they checking during your appointments?
I understand that it depends on the country, hospital and pregnancy, but just being curious.
I thought that I will be seen every week after hitting 36, but my doc is seeing me once every 2 week with NST, cervix checkup and growth scan. I had an appointment at 37, and now will be seen again at 39 :wacko:
I feel like 2 week interval is really long at this stage

I'm 37 and 2 and am doing weekly appointments. BUT the time between appointments last week was 10 days. This week it was just 4 days! It was all in what was available. I go back in 7 days and it's my last appointment before my scheduled C-Section (if I go through with the C-Section.....)

I get a BPP and NST because I'm high risk with every appointment. No exams or cervix checks. The check my urine and BP and today he looked me over and diagnosed swelling.

FWIW I'm in Colorado in the US.

I’m in Vancouver Canada with a midwife practice - I started weekly checkups last week @ 36 weeks, she only checks blood pressure, fundal height and position of the baby, and baby’s heartbeat. No cervical or urine checks - although she hasn’t done those at all aside from one urine check during the 1st tri and again before my GTT.

But I’m classified as ‘low risk’ so I’m sure it’s very different depending on the person!

Thanks for sharing ladies!
Yaay, our due dates are all so close to each other, how are you ladies feeling? Any sign yet?
Allie, since your LO has already moved head down, will they still go through with the C section? Did you have C section last time around?

I'm in the UK. I've had checkups at 34, 36 and 38 weeks. After the 38 week appointment (at least where I am), they only see you when you're around 41 weeks for a sweep.

The routine checkup here comprises BP check, urine dipstick, fundal height measurement and baby positioning check (manual). You also have a general discussion with the midwife about the usual things - birth plan, etc.

I'm in the UK. I've had checkups at 34, 36 and 38 weeks. After the 38 week appointment (at least where I am), they only see you when you're around 41 weeks for a sweep.

The routine checkup here comprises BP check, urine dipstick, fundal height measurement and baby positioning check (manual). You also have a general discussion with the midwife about the usual things - birth plan, etc.

Nearly there! I just noticed your ticker! How exciting

With my daughter I was seen once a week starting at 36 weeks and came in for NSTs on separate days once a week as I developed high blood pressure. I haven’t gotten that far yet obviously but I’ll be having a csection scheduled between 37-38 weeks so I’m not sure how things will change

I think where I am in the UK it goes 34, 36, 38, 40, 41 and then 42 if you get that far. Can't remember what they do though but it's nothing major.

I'm in the UK and have had weekly appointments from around 35 weeks where they check fundal height, blood pressure, urine, position of baby, heartbeat. They don't check dilation here tho unless you are already in labour or if you are having a sweep which they don't typically do until you reach your due date.

However i'm 'moderate' risk due to low iron so that could be why it's different

Thanks for sharing ladies!
Yaay, our due dates are all so close to each other, how are you ladies feeling? Any sign yet?
Allie, since your LO has already moved head down, will they still go through with the C section? Did you have C section last time around?

Well remembered! :) Baby is still head down but for now the C-Section is still on the books because she's measuring 'bigger' than my son and with him I had a 4th degree tear. :dohh::wacko: So the suggestion was always if this LO was growing bigger than DS to do a C-Section to avoid another major tear.....but it's still considered 'elective' so it's entirely up to me, which I'm NOT GOOD AT DECISION. :kiss::nope: I have until next appointment to decide whether to cancel or commit to C-Section...but maybe I'll go into labor in the next week, who knows?!?!

No real signs, just lots of pressure and today I lost some mucus.

I’m in the U.K. and with both previous pregnancies I have been seen every 2 weeks after 34 weeks. They check urine, BP, checked heartbeat, fundal height, and if it’s an appointment at the hospital (38 weeks and 41) they did a quick scan.

She apparently prefers to be a little over-cooked :haha:
Just trying to be patient until she arrives.

Seems like most people on this thread don't have long to go. Exciting times :)

You have amazing patience!
Im 38+4 today, and already getting so impatient :wacko:
Waking up everyday hoping this is the day :haha:
My doctor is travelling abroad next week too, which is making even more impatient to go into labor before she leaves

She apparently prefers to be a little over-cooked :haha:
Just trying to be patient until she arrives.

Seems like most people on this thread don't have long to go. Exciting times :)

In New Zealand, you get checked once a week at that stage. The checks don't involve anything different unless you go "overdue", in which case you may have a scan and NST just to check on baby. No touching your cervix or scans otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->