cheeses!

the why bird

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have two cheese related questions I hope you can help me with!

Firstly - does anyone know if mozzarella cheese is pasteurised or not? I love the stuff but am avoiding it until I know if it is safe.

Secondly, does anyone know a good substitute for Parmesan? I know that is def unpasteurised, but I neeeeeed some!

thanks girlies!

mozzarella - i think it depends on where it's made. i read most of the mozzarella made in the UK and USA is made with pateurised milk

parmesan - where are you? I've found out that dried grated parmesan cheese by KRAFT (which I believe is an American brand) is pasteurised, but I'm in the UK and 100gr cost more than £10!!

Thanks Kosh, I'm in the UK too unfortunately. My mother in law is in America though, I wonder if you're allowed to send cheese internationally? (I suspect not!)

Ah well, I will at least be able to comfort myself with some mozzarella! Thanks.

don't see why not - you can actually buy it on ebay and they will post it from USA, so i imagine your MIL could do the same??

I've been eating parmesan as normal..... am I not supposed to? Same with mozzarella :shrug:

I've been eating parmesan as normal..... am I not supposed to? Same with mozzarella :shrug:

Hmmm me too! I am a cheese freak lol. I didn't know Parmesan was a no no.

Ok so I found a list of safe cheeses. It seems Parmesan and Mozzarella are safe:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/nutrition/foodsafety/cheeseexpert/

here is another:

https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/health/eating/is_it_safe.asp

Hmmm me too! I am a cheese freak lol. I didn't know Parmesan was a no no.

I'm just about getting by without goats cheese, but can't lose the lot! I'm already desperate to find a way to eat parma ham without having to cook it! Doesn't help that I'm craving dairy!

Yay thanks for that list Aimee! Parmesan on everything then! Cheese is about the only thing I can face at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->