Chemical miscarriage

Blessedwith3

Reaction score
I'm new to this board so if I'm posting in the wrong section I'm sorry. I had 3 BFP on the 12th of this month and then on the 16th I started bleeding very heavily. I took the 4th test that day and got a BFN. The doctors said I had a chemical pregnancy and acted like it was nothing. This is kinda upsetting to me cause even though I was only 5 wks I was still pregnant. I've been reading a lot about CP since and have found that they are a lot more common then I thought. I had never heard of it before it happened to me. I had a mirena IUD, in Oct, it came out on it's own after having it for almost 4yrs. I hadn't really made up my mind completely on having more children since I already have 3. When I lost the IUD I kinda thought (since I believe everything happens for a reason) maybe having a 4th wouldn't be a bad thing and maybe we're suppose too. So my husband and I just figured if it happened it happened. Since this happened to me, I really want to have 1 more child, I never knew how much I wanted another one till I thought I was going to have one. I wanted to know if anyone has had a CP, how long did it take after, before you were able to get pregnant ago.

hey hun im sorry to hear about your loss, i didnt have a chemical but i know that others on here have and gone on to ttc the next month.Your feelings are completely normal, it doesnt matter whether your 4 weeks or 40 its still a loss and its still very upsetting. I know what you mean about never wanting one until one was gone, my first baby passed away and ever since having a child is all i can think of. Theres a thread in the ttc section where theres a list of when people miscarried and when they got their bfps afterwards so that might help :hugs:

Hi hon,
I had a chemical this month too. It's tough, it's still hopes and dreams that are taken away from you.

It took us 12 months to conceive our first baby who we lost at 22 weeks into the pregnancy. I was so happy to get a bfp 2 months after our loss, but just over a week after getting the bfp, I started bleeding. I knew it was coming - the tests weren't getting any darker and I didn't feel pregant. But still, it's hard. My Mum just said, "you probably weren't even pregnant" and I guess that's how alot of people see it, that it's so early, it doesn't matter. Of course I was pregnant - you don't get positive tests without being pregnant. But I believe that a life is a life however early. It's still a loss and it's still hard to cope with.

I'm praying that we will be lucky enough to get another chance very soon.

:hugs:

hi there hun i had a chemical pregnancy in august i was sent for a scan because i had very light brown spotting i was supposed to have been 9 wks pregnant at the time ,i went to hospital for the scan ,the woman scanned me and said was i sure im the amount of weeks i said i was i knew my dates ,she said she could see a sac but no baby and that to go back in three weeks time to see if baby had grown ,went home i knew deep down baby wasnt there ,they said i was only measuring 5 half weeks ,few days later i started bleeding more then alot of clots passed and i passed everything away ,i was told not to go to the hospital as there was no need because it sounded as if everything was gone

they didnt even offer another scan to make sure everything was all gone ,i was deverstated as i had already had a still born baby on my first pregnancy ,i didnt think it would happen again after me havin my other son after my first born my angel ,my second son was only few weeks old when i fell pregnant on baby i lost

to me its still a lose no matter how early on we are ......sending you lots of hugs and hope u get a bfp very soon

just to say hun after my chemical pregnany i am now pregnant straight away i am now 16 weeks it can happen hun keep posertive thoughts and good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun I had a chemical in September got BFP the day before AF was due and then tests got lighter and lighter and AF came exactly 1 week later, my consultant says if your body produces HCG then you are pregnant and its classed as a loss.

I ovulated normally etc in the following cycle.

Chemicals are extremely common nowadays due to the great early pregnancy tests you get that can detect HCG very early whereas those who leave it later to test sometimes dont even know they have had a loss.

Chemicals tend to be shorter and lighter than miscarriages but are still classed as losses.

I had a CP 4 years ago. I went on to conceive my youngest a month later. There is hope. I wish you the best and I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I'm sorry for all your losses too.

Im sorry for your loss darling. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy very soon :hugs:

Hi ya hun, I have had a chem and it's devastating, I was depressed and so sad, I hope your ok and to answer your question I conceived 2 weeks after my chem pg, I had read lots about it and read that your are really fertile the cycle after a chem pg and it's true you are so don't lose heart hunni although I know it's hard.

Sending you a massive :hugs:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"