Chemical pregnancies, how many dpo before bleeding?

mrskx0x0

Scarlett's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

sorry to post such a negative question :sad1:

How many dpo were you when you realised you had suffered a chemical pregnancy? I was 10dpo and now I am worried this means I have a short luteal phase? Or does it just mean that implantation was unsuccesful/ was rejected at implantation?

Hi, sorry if this is/has happened to you? I had one 13 dpo and one that was over 16dop I think.... can't remember exactly as stupidly wiped details off my calendar.

The majority of chemical pregnancies happen early on so unless you are testing you don't really know that you've had one. It is believed that chemical pregnancies occur when the fetus dies immediately after conception. This happens before the embryo has a chance to implant in your uterus where it can grow and develop.

I got this from this website which is good.
https://www.womens-health.co.uk/chemical.html

Hope things work out. If you have had a chemical then you can try and conceive straight away as long as you have a bfn x

ah, okay so that's why it happened so early. I was worried that it was trying to implant and then :witch: came along and flushed it all away. 10 dpo just seems so early, I mean I shouldn't have started bleeding at 10 dpo surely?

Getting nervous again because 27 long days later and I am ovulating again and want to leave it until it is safer to test this time.

I got first positive OPK on the 14th but I wasn't charting then so I can't be sure but I started bleeding fairly heavily 25th march.

HI, I am currently having my 1st chemical pregnancy. At I was getting faint faint positives from like 10dpo untill 14 dpo. They were getting slightly darker but still not DARK. I had a beta drawn on 14dpo and a positive urine preg test at the dr. At 15 dpo I found on my beta from the day before was only 13. I knew then it was chemical. I started lightly spotting that evening. The next day at 16dpo it started as spotting and by the evening was full bleeding. I am now on the 4th day of bleeding and it is starting to let up and is just like a faint period, I'm expecting the bleeding to be done in a day or two.

I had recurrent chemical pregnancies - I only realised this because of an ectopic pregnancy then went to actively ttc and investigations.

Most women will experience a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage even if they are not aware of it - sadly :( they are mainly detected if like us POAS addicts test early or the pregnancy is further along and your aware of pregnancy due to an overly due period then testing.

It is caused by implantation as you say but does not mean you will not go on to have ongoing pregnancies in the future. Many think because implantation didn't occur surely you wouldn't get a BFP but thats not true its just sadly as the hcg count starts to rise it rapidly decreases - again only those testing early will detect this.

Best of luck x

I'm afraid to test again now because I am worried it's going to happen again :( I see people on here announcing :bfp: and I can't help but wonder whether the same will happen to them. I know that's a horrible thought.

Thank you to Wobbles and WhosThatGirl. I'm sorry to hear about your losses :hug:

I think I may have had a chemical pregnancy last month, but my period arrived 2 days early, at 11dpo rather than 13, which is the first time I've had that since I've been charting. The other things that made me think it was the fact that my boobs were hurting more than ever, I'm sure I had some faint lines on tests and when my period did arrive, it was really heavy and more painful than it would usually be.

I have had chemicals before and actually wanted to be testing early so I would know if I had a bfp. If it would happen again I would rather know and be able to get more help from dr's. Mind you - I have had 2 chemicals and 0 pregancies til now - so if I had 3 chemicals and 0 pregnancies I would think something is wrong vs.. its just one of those things. It took me a long time to get over my chemicals though - was heartbroken - & right afterwards was not trying again. So everyone is different with where they are at.... hope you are doing ok after your heartache. Good luck to you!

I had two chemicals before getting preg with this one. You can def have healthy pregs after a chemical.

Thanks everyone for your input. We all deserve :bfp: after all our pain.

Susan_1981 I'm sorry to hear that. It seems odd we could both get bfps so early with strong symptoms and then to lose them all.

Congrats Vestirse and DaisyBee, we will try and catch you up lol. It's nice to know that there is hope out there.

It is so common and the only reason we know about them is because we test earlier than we would normally have been able to years ago. My 1st one was only 2 days after 28 days (I'm usually like clockwork), the other I was 4 days late and if I hadn't had tested I would have thought it was just a very heavy period.... it doesn't mean it won't happen to us though.

Think next time I'm going to try to leave testing for at least a week after my AF date.... easier said than done ha! Hope all goes ok

I am so sorry to hear how many women go through this. I am too going through this right now started bleeding yesterday after 2 faint positive pregnancy tests. I was so confused. I had m/c earlier this year which just killed me. I can't believe I've lost this one too. Life can really be unfair!!!! #hugs to u all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->